Thread: Angel Care Monitors

Default Angel Care Monitors

Just wondered if anyone has an Angel Care monitor?

We have one & it's driving us absolutely bananas - it buzzes constantly. Just wondering if anyone else has had the problem & been able to rectify it?

What is an angel care monitor?

It's a sound & movement baby monitor. It has pads underneath the mattress to detect movement & then just the regular sound part of the monitor.

BTW forgot to mention the buzzing is coming from the Parents Unit.

Custardtart Guest

We bought a monitor with our firstborn and promptly returned it because of the buzzing. It was explained to me that the signal is affected by whatever electrical wiring/equipment is between the terminals, also by electromagnetic or radio waves in the specific area. Some houses it works perfectly, in some you always get interference. I ended up just moving the baby's cot into the lounge for a few months.

Kerrie

Ditto to what Kerrie said, my angelcare monitor has 2 channels does yours? These days its getting harder and harder, with wireless internet, cordless phones and alot of other stuff! I'm not really sure its a fixable problem if it is like what Kerrie said wiring etc and you'll probably find it will happen with all types of monitors too.

Goodluck!

*mwa*
    Cailin

Tigergirl1980 Guest

We have a tommee tippee monitor and ours buzzes too, it drove me insane so I just moved Jonah into our bedroom at night and the loungeroom during the day.

Debbie Lee Guest

Sarah - we have an angel care monitor too and it buzzez when I have it out in the garage with the computer and mobile phone close by. It's not so bad inside. Gabby has music or a fan going in her room all the time when she is sleeping so I am used to some kind of noise coming out of it. I don't use it at night either because I can hear her with both doors closed n e way.
    So... in other words... I am absolutely no help to you!! LOL

Debbie Lee Guest

Shannon - I don't use the pads for underneath the mattress. I was told that they go off all the time so I didn't want to freak myself out. I thought that, rather than have peace of mind, it would make me worry more?? But, then again, Gabby hasn't had any health problems. I probably would use them if she was prone to illness etc.

We have the angelcare sound only monitor and we've noticed that it buzzes when we have certain lights turned on or if that parent unit is by the computer. Have you tried putting the monitor in a different place?

We've moved it all around, its not in our bedroom anymore cos Aaron couldn't sleep! The stupid thing is that it's not as loud with the loungeroom light on, but he cant sleep with that on either ](*,) He's just difficult!

Ours was buzzing too so DH put a shelf up on the wall and put it there. We had it on the floor and the shelf fixed it. It is quite high up but still fine to reach it. No more buzzing!

The Angelcare is one of the best things we have bought because of the peace of mind with the breathing monitor.

We have it on the floor at the moment so might try that Gemma.