Thread: another wonder week question - 19 weeks developmental leap

Default another wonder week question - 19 weeks developmental leap

Hey guys

We're going through a bit of a rough time at the moment.

Felix is now 19 weeks.

Since he was around 8 weeks old, he slept a whopping 10 hours/night...waking 1-2 but re-settling very quickly. He would have a feed at 8pm and then his next feed generally wasn't until 5-6am.

Last night he fed at 8, 11:30, 2:30, 4:00, waking extra times in between. His sleep has been getting gradually worse over the last week. At each feed, he feeds really well...but when he wakes again, he really seems to be upset - back arching, hands gripping the air. He has reflux but has never woken at night like this.

He also seems to have a bottom tooth emerging (though it looks like it's more in the position of a canine or even a molar!)

What do you think is going on? Is it the 19 week wonder week? Is it teething?

Am I doing the right thing by offering so many feeds?

It seems to be the only thing that consoles him.

My baby girl is 7 months and is doing the same thing. Previously she would sleep from 7 until 2 and then have a quick feed and then go back to sleep to 6ish. She would also settle herself to sleep in the daytime pretty well. The last couple of weeks though she has been waking about 3 times during the night, and the only way I can get her to sleep in the day is to rock her.

I also am feeding her more often as this is the only way to get her back to sleep in the night time. I suppose you just have to do what will make you and bub happier. It is very tiring though!

I am also not sure if she is teething or if it is a wonder week. She has been doing a lot of new things like sitting up by herself. Is your bub doing new things at the moment?

Anyway best of luck with everything. It seems like as soon as you think you are in a good routine everything changes!!

I cant help in terms of reflux, but was wondering have you given anything for the tooth coming through? We had a week like that at exactly 5months with DS & didn't know what to do as it was like he was 6wks old again....the next week he had cut 2 bottom teeth. Now I can see the signs & give him something to ease the pain & he only wakes a couple times rather than several (he cut 4 top teeth over Christmas!).
    Just a thought.