Thread: any advice on prams

Default any advice on prams

hi ladies

well this is #6 bub for me, but my last one was 8 years ago, i am after a bit of advice on good and bad prams. I am thinking about getting one of those 3 wheel ones( they never had them with all my other bubs), but i like to walk the dog evryday and i walk alot in parks and reserves next to the water, so on grass and gravel.

i would appreciate any advice good or bad!! I am expecting to spend a bit more money on one, the last thing i want is a shopping trolley for a pram, or one that falls apart on me after a few months!

thanks

chrissy :flower:

Have a play O There are so many different prams out there... I found some of the 3 wheeled ones to be a bit topsy turvy, and I walk with my two dogs and needed something a bit more sturdy. I'm going to move this over to General Baby so some of the Mums who have tried & tested will help

There are a couple of 3 wheeler prams that are quite good, and others that are not. I think Choice tested 10, and only 2 or 3 of them didn't fail.

Fee Guest

I have the Choice report on 3 wheelers if you'd like a copy. Only 2 rated well and they were the Mountain Buggy and Swallow Beema Q.

I have the Valco delux and I love it!. I do at least an hour walk everyday and it has been wonderful. I also THUMP it out of the back of my 4WD everytime I pull it from the boot as I usually have Kaitlyn in the other arm and it has not been at all effected by this!.

Happy shopping

Cass

colleeg Guest

I have a 10 month old and I first invested in a steelcraft 4 wheel reverse handle (ebony model) and had 2 big problems,. first the back recline broke - ( I got a new pram as a result) then the wheel broke off going up an esculator! so I got a new wheel for the pram & its been ok.. genreally an ok pram for the shops weight of about 9kg... 2 months ago I brought a Steelcraft 3 wheeler and LOVE it, the best thing I ever got. Great for walking and is so smooth, just a little unsterdy going up gutters but if you do it slowly its fine.
    Overall get what you think is best, the 3 wheelers are a bit heavier this one(12kg) and take up lots of boot space. I loved the reverse handle with the ebony but this one is just fine.

Good luck
    Colleeg O

thanks girls for your advice, at least i have got something to go on now, i will just keep looking and testing till i am happy with one.

thanks again

chrissy :flower: