Thread: anyone else have a grunter?

Default anyone else have a grunter?

my DD is very noisy! we co-sleep and she tends to wake me up and keep me awake not by crying but by her CONSTANT grunting, groaning and noise making while she is still asleep herself!! it is very strange, DD wasnt like that at all. i dunno if i am gonna be able to keep up the co-sleeping cause she is keeping me away anyway.

Funny you should mention it. DD2 is exactly the same and DD1 hardly made a peep. I'm getting used to it a bit now though.
    She grunts more when she has wind though......
    I struggle to co-sleep at the best of times, but my little grunter makes it more challenging!

Yes we have one here..... That is why we are part-time co-sleeping. DS is in bed with us only on the nights where DH does not have to get up early for work. DS is noisy awake and asleep!

Our DS sleeps next to our bed in his bassinet, and he's a noisy thing sometimes! Usually it's when he's sleeping more lightly, drifting off to sleep or starting to wake up. Yup, lots of grunts !

Little man grunts with the best of them. Listening to Maria Sharapova play Dinara Safina would be more peaceful Sometimes DP and I can't sleep because we're laughing so hard at what is coming out of such a small body!

Both my younger 2 were grunters. DS was/is also a groaner.
    Its amusing sometimes

I made a passing mention about this elsewhere but yes, my DD is definitely a grunter!! She is so loud -- awake and asleep. She makes us all laugh with her strange noises and we keep passing blame about who she takes after (most certainly her father, if you ask me). We co-sleep part-time (usually starts in her bassinet and then comes to bed with us from her 3-4am feed onwards) and I do find myself checking up on her constantly because of her little noises.. I actually find it easier when she is in bed with us because I can just glance over instead of having to get up to look into the bassinet.

Yup DS was so loud it was annoying!! He got moved into his own bedroom at 2 weeks of age cos we couldn't handle it anymore!! LOL

DD was pretty quiet - and only got moved out when she outgrew the bassinette - so bout 3 months old.

YES! Both DD's make lots of grunting and snorting noises - also are very loud thumb/finger suckers.

We moved both into their own rooms as no-one was sleeping! DD2 does 'sneak' back in though....

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! Major grunting here. I have a feeling it's either an intolerance, so we're getting checked this week, or it's overfeeding during the night and not winding (Im too tired)!! We co-sleep too, mainly because he's too noisy to stay in his room as he'll wake his sisters!! xo

Glad to hear it's not just my bubba, we've started calling him a camel LOL my son is 7 weeks old and i've never heard any other baby sleep like him, i think they call it active sleep, but am finding as he gets older its getting less. But the noise wow we've learned to sleep through the normal noise but i wake in a second if i hear vomit or something i haven't heard before.

Yep a grunter and squeaker here! Especially if she is trying to wriggle out of her wrap - then she really gets the noises going. I am learning to ignore anything other than an actual cry as otherwise I would get no sleep at all.

slightly different, but I have a snorer... loud enough to be heard on a plane! He lasted in our room 3 nights and that was it!

RazRock Guest

Another grunter here! My little piggy

Usually he only grunts after a feed whilst he is sitting up and having a burp, it is the cutest thing in the world, I love the little noises.

He does make noises whilst he is sleeping... we co-sleep as well, and I must admit I do check him often cause I can hear him so clearly right next to me in bed, I am slowly learning which noises are just his which is good - I get more sleep that way