Thread: Anyone tried the Mess-less sippy cups?

Default Anyone tried the Mess-less sippy cups?

Hi all,
    I have tried so many sippy cups since my first son was born. Now with my second son I'm still looking for the perfect sippy cup. So far the best one has been the Avent sippy cup, as it doesn't pop open if it's dropped on the floor, and it is easy to drink from (some of them are like trying to suck a drink through a pin hole). The only problems are that it does leak into my bag a bit, making spare sets of cloths and nappies damp, and one of them often just leaks everywhere at the point where the lid screws on.

A friend showed me her great Mess-less sipper valves that you can put on top of pop-top juice (and spring water) bottles for toddlers to stop spills. It turns out that the website has sippy cups too. So..... has anyone tried the Mess-less sippy cup? This cup does look ideal, but I'd love to hear some feedback re. the cup before spending more money.

I am actually looking into Mess_Less for a fundraiser at our kindy/playgroup.

Love

I haven't tried this particular brand but I have tried many. With the spill proof cups I have found that on a warm day there is a pressure build up inside the cup and there is some leaking going on even if you can shake them all around and have no leaks any other time. I wonder if they have a money back guarantee.

Sam you have the same son as me in the avatar LOL .

I have tried this one and while it doesn't spill and is great in that respect... Matthew doesn't like it as the spout is too hard for his mouth.

Tommee Tippee with the straw is the best one I have used.

colleeg Guest

Yes the TommeeTippee is the best too, doesnt spill or leak or break when dropped. They have handles or interchangeble lids. For around $10 a good buy i say.. Wollies and Coles have them

angelfish Guest

I don't like sippy cups much. With baby #1 we tried a normal one and a valve one. The ordinary one could be shaken upside down to tip the drink out, while the valve one was impossible to clean properly as there was a bit you couldn't get to. With baby #2 we didn't bother with a sippy cup at all. We just went straight to a plastic tumbler, which we'll help her with until she can manage it alone. Because we only put water in them, it doesn't matter greatly if a little bit gets spilt.