Thread: Anyone using the Baby Love Capsule?

Default Anyone using the Baby Love Capsule?

Just looking at purchasing a Baby Love Capsule for #2, but before I do, I was just wondering what you thought of them if you have used one before.
    They look nice and compact. Are they heavy? Also how are they to get in and out of the car?

We had one, but sold it recently as I don't want to use it for our next baby.

I found it to be very heavy to get in & out of the car all the time. I was easy to do, just very heavy. I did manage it until Zander was 5 months old & 9kg though! We had the Baby Love pram as well to connect it to & that was handy, are you planning on doing that?

Sort of. I'm looking at purchasing a tandem pram. I know they don't click in, but as long as it holds it, I'm happy with that.
    So you don't think they are any good? I'm looking at either this one or the Fisher & Price one sold at target but the baby love one looks lighter. Roughly how heavy do you think it is?
    Thanks

I hired a capsule from the QLD Ambo's and it was a baby love...maybe safe n'sound, sorry safe n' sound. I found the hiring great for the first 4 months for bot babies as I could return it and it only cost around $60 all up for the hire. Then I could spend the good $$ on a good car seat. HTH!

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Mel I have a babylove capsule, but my friend has it at the moment, otherwise I would tell you the weight. Will try and get the info for you!

Thanks Relle, will you be using it again? Did you like it? And did you find it easy to take in and out of the car. I have been looking at a second hand one that had the anchor strap attached to the capsule, are they all like this? or just the older ones, cause the one on a baby store website doesn't look like it has it, but I don't know for sure. Sorry for all the questions but I haven't been able to get to the baby stores yet to have a look for myself.

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Mel I will be using it again as I have a magna, and as the capsule is slightly smaller than a car seat, it will give us a little more room across the back for at least a few months! lol

Mine does have the anchor strap that goes around the actual capsule adn I must admit I did find this a bit of a pain, so I didn't take it out of the car all of the time iykwim.

Ultimately it was better for me than the Safe and Sound one though as Cooper screamed when he was in the S & S capsule, but was fine in the babylove one as it is basically like the car seats reversed, just a smaller version.

HTH babe!

Thanks Relle. I wonder if the new ones still have to anchor strap attached to the capsule. Maybe it's worth a phone call to a baby store. If so, I might as well just buy the second one.
    Thanks again Relle.