Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arsenic Hour - Fact or Fiction? Give me your horror stories!

Thanks hon. Dh just doesn't "get it".

When he is home it is no problem, as he gives them all the attention they crave at that time of night.

So I think you are right.....I need to make myself available.......

DD#1 goes delirious as she doesn't nap during the day
    I hear you on THAT one.....Olivia is the same.....she gets herself so worked up out of tiredness.....

I guess it's always been a challenging time (5 - 7pm) for me ever since I had my DD 13 years ago.... but it wasn't so bad with just one young child... but now! With a irritable teen, a grumpy/antagonistic 4yo and an extra demanding toddler I HOPE that things are peaking or soon going to peak!!! If I knew that next year things were going to be a little better i could cope... but I suspect it could be worse because then i'll have a more stressed out teen (more home work pressures), an extra tired 5yo who has been at school all day... and a 3yo who probably would have totally dropped his day time nap! Lord give me strength!!!! or at least pour me another "Mother's Helper".... the glass of wine I allow myself after 6pm while cooking dinner to calm my frazzled nerves!

When Natty was very little, it was well defined - from 7pm until 9 or 9:30. She would just cry and cry. All we could do was give her cuddles and wait it out.
    Now there are so many variables, LOL! It depends on how much sleep she's had. There's no real set time for us these days, except that there's always a 'time' of the day when she's cross and nothing I do is right.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12