Thread: Avado

Default Avado

I am looking to buy a new shampoo and body wash for DS. He has excema and we've just been using water for a long time but its not enough to keep his long hair nice and his feet smelling clean now!!!

I was looking at Avado or Gaio (sp??). They are both about $10 a bottle and are natural soap free products. Does anyone have any experience with using these products? I would appreciate some advice!

Thanks!

I use Dove soap on Alexa... she gets bad eczema too... but this doesnt seem to affect her...

we use the Gaia organic shampoo. DH did not like the smell but I love it, its a bit strong so I'd suggest smelling it first

My absolute favourtie was MOP pear baby shampoo but I recieved it as a gift, and when I tried to buy more I discovered it was $28 a bottle!

we use Gaia too!!

We use Gaia shampoo too...I love it!

It's very gentle...

For his bath, we use almond oil. You only need the tiniest amount...and you can get a bottle from a health food shop for about $8. I find it doesn't dry out Felix's skin at all...unlike alot of other products.

mm we havnt had a problem with the shampoo stinging, and it does get near his eyes when we rinse it off. WE dont use the bath wash though. Up til he was about 18 months old I used nothing i the bath except some jojoba oil.

Would you believe I just found an Avado sample sachet in the bathroom lol YAY! I will try that and see how he goes.

Shannon Em has really sensitive eyes and hates having his hair washed because of it. I wouldn't wash his hair at all except now its starting to look all dry and split end-y and he's only just had it cut!

I use both brands and I love them.

They smell devine. I just use the bath wash - nothing else. I put them in when the water's running in to the bath to make bubbles. I then wash Daniel's hair with the bubbles. His eyes don't sting at all for either.

We love QV wash, I use it on my bubs hair n body, it never leaves her with dry skin or anything. Also, we use sorbolene cream - the brand is Kenkay (really cheap - about $5 for 500ml) - our chemist says it is the only one that is "original" (some other sorbolene products have added chemicals etc.) - it's supposed to be fantastic for any skin conditions.

Thanks so much for everyones help!

We ended up getting the Avado. He seems to love it and has no problems with having his hair rinsed out now. He even wants to wash himself and his hair now which is fabulous!!