Thread: babies first smile

Default babies first smile

just wondering at what age your baby first smiled at you (ie: not wind but a real smile). We still get so excited about the 'wind' smiles LOL, they are still so cute!!

I think Aidyn first 'properly' smiled at about 4 or 5 weeks old? It seems so long ago, so its hard to remember.... its so beautiful to see though isnt it, whether its from wind or not, lol.

Melinda Guest

Jacob first had smiles at 2w old when he was sleepy. It was so cute to see those gorgeous smiles!

His first proper smile when he was awake was at 5w. It was also at 5w that he started laughing when he was sleep, and at just 7w of age, was laughing when he was awake!!! An early chuckler!!! LOL

Yay!!! not long now.....(the last 2 weeks have already flown, im sure she will be miling before i know it!!)

Lily was a couple of days off 4 weeks old.

Windy burpy smiles at as little as two weeks for both my babes.

But proper smiles of from 7 weeks, for both Olivia and Charlie. We amazingly caught Olivia's on camera, which was fantastic.....

Charlie's was 7 weeks exactly adn it was when I bent down to pick him up out of the hammock and it was such a sweet sweet smile of recognition...I cried!

Kynan started doing proper smiles at around 3 weeks I think. We knew it wasn't wind as we could clearly tell the difference - he would smile and his eyes would light up as well. Just gorgeous

Melody Guest

With Hunter from 5 weeks we had a 'smile here & there' but from 7 weeks he has been smiling thick & fast. They just seem to tumble out of him

Custardtart Guest

5 weeks with all three children.

Kerrie

I remember waiting for the first smile...Amy smiled at 5 weeks and hasn't stopped since.

Blake's first smile was around 3.5 - 4 weeks.

When we went to the MCHN @ 5wks I said that Blake had already been smiling. She gave me one of those looks as if to say of course he has! (Not!) She mentioned that babies often start around 6 weeks. My boy promptly on cue gave her the biggest gummiest smile and she was put in her place!

Linda I'm sure you'll be getting smiles before you know it!

Thanks everyone!!! well judging by how quickly the last 2 weeks have gone - she really will be smiling before i know it!!

oh - theresa - i agree - great name \/

Aw those wind smiles! Mason was doing those the day after he was born.
    The real smiles were from about 5 weeks. My Mum didn't beleive me but she got a good one when he was 6 weeks old.

Well Nyah smiles and laughrd very early, day 1 she smiled and it was when she was looking at me, so i can count that, yes it was probably wind but she smiled just when I said I loved her snd she did it 3 times.

But offically I guess it was at 4 weeks, she seem to smile at alot and laughed a week or so later.

William on the other hand is sure taking his sweet time, he first smiled at about 6-7 weeks and Im still yet to hear a belly laugh, he just giggles, and that's it. He'll be 1 on Friday- so sure is taking his sweet time?
    Hurry up and give me a belly laugh Im hanging to hear one. 8-[

Matthew was 1 day and no they weren`t wind smiles, the mIdwives kept commenting on him smiling but a real social smile was at 3 weeks

I love those gorgeous sleepy smiles that start straight away but the first real attentive smiles were at 4 weeks for Sammy.

Jo

Benjamin smiles, he did this lovely gummy one in his sleep this morning, the type you wish you had the camera out for it. During the week he let out this really funny laugh. I had to ask DH if it was genuine, but even though Benjamin was asleep at the time, it was priceless to us.

I suppose bubs do these things at different times, and like in the womb they practice new things out here too.

If you catch a glimpse, it's priceless!

Happy smiling times to you all!

Melissa

Our Emma (middle names Alice Dawn) smiled at almost 5 weeks.