Thread: Babies poo!!

Default Babies poo!!

Just a quickie....Liam's poos have gone from being a light brown watery sticky poo with little lumps to the same consistancy but now a yucky green colour. Is this normal or should i be cooncerned. He has been having what seems like belly paind since the colour change a few days ago and can sometimes be alot harder to settle or won't sleep at all. I have been eating "normal" food and nothing out of the ordinary.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Are the little pellets like rabbit poo? If so it sounds as though he's a bit constipated. Is he a formula fed baby? If so try adding 10ml extra of water to his bottles, this should help a little bit. If that doesn't work you can get a thing called Infants Friend from the chemist, follow the directions on the bottle and see how he goes.

My MCHN told me that the green thing is perfectly normal as the poo will change on and off because of either the sugar or the protein (something I can't remember what it was ROFL) that is in the poo. It changes with your milk basically. She said it always worries her when people think their bubbas have gastro because it changes colour as its perfectly normal... Wish I'd have known this with Paris, as we were diagnosed with gastro at 4 weeks, put on soy formula to help with the enflamed bowels and as a result ended up with breast rejection The nurse had read my history and said she seriously doubted Paris had anything other than reflux Anyway I'm rambling LOL but yes its perfectly normal.

*hugs*
    Cailin

Thanks, he is b/f and i am gld to now know that the colour change is ok

Kas - I have heard that sometimes it can be due to dehydration, but if he's still doing the same number of poos and wees as he always has then that's not likely to be the case. You should only be concerned if he drops off in his 'output' and it then turns green. Ring the Early Childhood Centre if you're concerned.

I can't believe he's already over a month old!!!

Hi - I laugh when I read that something is the colour of baby poo - obviously who ever says that hasn't seen a baby poop in a while ! A couple of Alex's early ones were orange, I thought I had been eating too many carrots or cheezels.

They settled into a mustardy brown but he sometimes does a khaki coloured one. Noice.