Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Babies who don't like baths - what do you do?

MJ baths in a Tummy tub and is always content afterwards, sometimes after a shower or a big baths she gets really cranky and screams... we find that if we get her out the moment she looks tired or over it, it helps.
    The other thing to try is getting a wheat bag and having that on the towel so that it is toasty and warm when she is put on it. (i also use the heat pack in the cot before she goes down at night and if i have to give her a night feed (I love it afterwards )
    I now use the TT in the lounge and the towel next to it, as soon as she is lifted out it is straight onto the towel and wrapped up and we play gentle games (like blowing on her face lightly, or raspberrys on her tum or just laughing) for a while before the massage and getting dressed which can make her cold and more likely to have a cry.

Hope this helps

Oliver was born in Feb and did the same thing - screaming after every bath. I bathed him every 7 - 10 days (when he got smelly, basically) for the first 14 weeks to lessen the time spent screaming afterwards while we tried to get him quickly into his clothes. After that he suddenly liked baths and didn't mind being toweled off and massaged afterwards afterwards and now baths are fun rather than stressful. So just ride it out and hope it passes.

We tried showering as an alternative but it made him scream more. We haven't tried that again - I bet he would like it now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12