Thread: Baby capsule hire

Default Baby capsule hire

Not too sure where i should be posting this but i was wanting to know if anyone knew a good place in Sydney (preferrably eastern subs) i can hire out a baby capsule.

I was wanting to use one for the first 6-8 weeks when i have my baby instead of the proper car seat i have bought.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Saramac xoxox

Custardtart Guest

Why not ask at your local Maternal & Child healthcare center? In Melbourne the hire is council-run, I don't know if it's the same in NSW but they could point you in the right direction.

Kerrie

We are in QLD but we hired one from the Ambulance service? Our hospital actually told us where when I asked, so maybe as them?

Pam21 Guest

I am also in Queensland but we hired from a place called Kidsafe which is in every state of Australia. It has cost us $90 for 6 months, $50 of which is a deposit we get back when it is returned.

Wow Pam, ours was $55 for 6 months and I think the deposit was around $20... :-k

Pam21 Guest

Hrmm, maybe I am wrong? I can't really remember how much it was all up but I know it was definatly $50 deposit plus something I was pretty sleep deprived back then though so who knows

Pam21 Guest

I asked my partner about it last night and I was right, it was $90, plus $15 for the extension strap you need for a hatchback car.

Now I wish I had looked around a bit more, thats a pretty big price difference!

I asked DH too LOL...us with mush brain.... and he said it was $55 for 6 months, a $30 deposit and $12 for the extension strap...LOL

Pam21 Guest

Haha, oh well, then the prices aren't too different then!

I was really disappointed when we got the seat. I think its just because its not pretty or nice of anything, its just plastic and blue with a sheepskin cover inside it. I was expecting something a bit better I think.

I called our local council for each pregnancy... different councils each time. They referred us to their outsources company who provides the service.

I think (with pg brain) it's $68 for 6 month hire with a $23 refundable bond. (Yeah, weird amounts I know!)

Ali Guest

I hired mine from the hospital (Royal Hospital for Women in Randwick). The cost was $70 plus a refundable deposit for 6 months. I think that is the least amount of time they will hire one to you but they also are an RTA approved fitting site.

There is another baby shop in Randwick on Anzac Parade but I am sorry I can't remember it's name - they will hire you a capsule for a 3 month period.
    Cheers
    Ali