Thread: baby capsule in middle or on the side?

Question baby capsule in middle or on the side?

We are getting the baby capsule fitted tomorrow and I'm not sure whether to have it fitted in the middle or behind the drivers seat. DD's maxi-rider booster is behind the passenger seat.
    So, what did you do when you had 2 in the back?

Will it fit in the middle? That's the safer spot but I don't think we can fit two side by side in our car

We have three kids so before we bought our 7 seater we put the capsule in the middle so each child could hop in on either side.... otherwise a third rear passenger has to climb past the two fixed child restraints. And yes, it's meant to be safer in the middle due to potential side impact. Plus I found it easier to comfort our crying baby in the middle... reaching was easier.

if i had the choice i would put bub on the side, my back is killing getting bub over the straps etc in the middle position. if you have extra weight of the capsule, it would be even harder. in saying this though, i have a stupid little car- if you have a bigger car it might not be such an issue

It is much more difficult to get baby in a middle seat but its extra insurance in case of a side impact crash.

Paranoid or practical, you decide!

We can never have a rearward facing seat behind the drivers seat or in the middle because DH is too tall and has to have the drivers seat pushed all the way back.

So its always gone behind the passenger seat. Whilst its not ideal, it is easier to get bubs out when you are parked on a busy road, because its right next to the footpath.

Ours is too unstable in the middle, so has to be behind the passenger seat. DH can't fit in the drivers seat if it's behind it.

When we had DS we had the capsule in the middle and then with DD we decided to put it on the side. Main reason, it was so heavy to get in and out of the middle of the car once DS started to get bigger. On the side was soo much easier.

I always thought that baby seats had to be behind the passenger seat! Had no idea that you could put them in the middle!!

Learn something new every day!

We have ours behind the passenger side, safer when getting baby out if parked on a busy road side.

Sue x

We had the capsule behind the passenger and DS1's seat in the middle until we bought him a booster and reversed his convertible seat for DS2 now DS1 is behind the driver and DS2 is behind the passenger.

Kate, you should be able to loosen the passenger side strap so you can get bub into the seat easier - I realised this when DS1 was about 6 mths.

Personally I'd put it behind driver if you already have DD behind the passenger seat. Reason being, the capsule and baby weight combined can get quite heavy and turning, angling and lifting the capsule in and out with bub in it will get really difficult and be hard on your arms and tummy. If you have bad tummy muscles like me that'd be REALLY bad then. Also, if bub is right next to DD then there's the added temptation of touching, annoying bub etc. I have Elijah behind the driver and Oskar is behind passenger. It's good cos I can hand things to Oskar if I need to (if he's hungry or something) and if Elijah needs something I can get Oskar to hand it to him whereas it'd not work the other way cos I can't reach behind me when driving lol.

I always had the youngest in the middle.

Thanks everyone

I had the capsule fitted this morning and the lady recomended putting it behind the passenger seat. She didn't recomend the middle, Plus I don't think the capsule would have fit very well in the middle right beside DD's AHR maxi-rider Booster. So now we have the capsule behind the passenger seat and DD's booster seat behind the drivers seat.
    All sorted