Thread: baby capsule in summer?

Default baby capsule in summer?

Hiya all,
    Am thinking a baby capsule will be a lot easier than a car seat for the first month or so, but upon reading the old capsule thread, am wondering if it's the best idea for a summer baby?
    Bubs is due at the end of Oct and this week is already forecast to be high 20's (we're in Adelaide)...our car has a/c but will a capsule still be much warmer than a car seat?

ps: Yeeehaaa, only 21 days left till due date!

I can understand, we are in QLD and are going to use a capsule. Our plan is to just have nappy & singlet on with a muslin wrap gently laid over her so not to get too hot in the car. We will have the air con on.

I have Lexie in the capsule......she got a bit hot today (we are in Adelaide too) but I still prefer a capsule over a car-seat. When you hire the capsule, get one with a sheepskin insert rather than the velour: this helps. And like Christy says, if you know you are up for a long car journey, dress them down.....

I had my first daughter in September and she was in a capsule in those early months. Im in Sydney, i did find there wasnt much airflow within the capsule. It was a pretty hot summer, and i found i would need to get her out of the capsule immediately after we got home.....i.e i didnt feel safe to leave her in the capsule, once inside, to have a bit more of a nap. LIke the others have said, i much prefer a capsule to a carseat in those first few weeks, and just dress appropriately .

Good luck with everything....

My DD was born in November and we're in Brisbane - but she was still fine in a capsule.

Our car is airconned, has dark tinted windows and we also used those stick on sun shade thingos. Also she was really only put in it just before we left the house, and straight out again when we got home and in the car in between.
    This bub will be summer again and we're using a capsule as well. It gets up to mid-high 30's here in summer with killer humidity, so I think you'll be fine