Thread: Baby fighting sleep

Default Baby fighting sleep

Natalie is a sleep-avoider during the day, unless someone is cuddling her of course
    She is a catnapper - not always, but most days, and fights sleep as though it is a fate worse than death, LOL.
    Have you ever watched your baby put him/herself to sleep? I've just been watching her in the cot - she is sooo tired but calm, and keeps waking herself up - her eyes close, then after a minute she snaps her arms up, or throws her legs around, or makes little gasping noises to wake herself again! Frustrating, but really quite cute...

he he he ... i know exactly what you mean! Jacob used to do that... But one day we went over to a mates place and again he was fighting it soo bad our mate said "give him here" he took him.. got a muslin wrap and swaddled him....... literally within minutes he was asleep!!!! I couldnt beleive my eyes!

We were not that fussed on the swaddle but once we saw that we were SOLD! If you have air con it makes it even easier but as Jacob got bigger we would just swaddle his top half and leave his little feet danggling out and he would go no worries.
    Worked a charm... but now he is a big boy in his own room he doesnt need swaddleing anymore.

its just oh so cute!
    xo

Jovie does the same thing... hmmmm maybe we'll try wrapping her again.

Ha ha - Natalie *is* wrapped! She makes a superior effort to free herself

Oh bugger!! there went that idea then!

Good luck with it mate!
    xo

Jenna was a shocker for not sleeping if she wasn't wrapped. We had to swaddle er so tightly until she was about 6-7m. Really strong startle reflex!!

Hamish is heaps more cruisy - he likes his hands up by his mouth, it will make him settle instantly.

I am doing the yo-yo baby thing all day. It takes me about 3 goes to get him to sleep, but usually in the afternoon he will go down for 2hrs or so without stirring. Bliss

I'd suggest trying new swaddling techniques and maybe a different sort of wrap. Get those arms wrapped down!!!

Amy

I find Orlanda has to just sleep where we happen to be through the day, if i'm at home i'll try her in her swing, if we are out and she needs to sleep thats usually a bit of a nightmare as she will then only sleep on me, not in her car seat or her stroller, I've just ordered a HAB to try and help with this, but the swing wins hands down with me.

Now i may sound like my mother or some really old fashioned granny who is very out of touch with bubs but...... if she's waking up like that is it possible she has a touch of wind which is hurting her tummy and making her wake up? There i've said it and feel about 60

Taz