Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baby ga ga

Default Baby ga ga

Emma has started 'talking' & I am surprised by the sounds she makes, as they seem to me harder than I would expect for a babies first sounds. When she talks she makes a gutteral type noise, like ggggrrr (no she's not growling LOL). It's really hard to explain!!!!

What sounds did your babies make early on?

Lily made a soft coo goo sound. Sorta like a pigeon sounds actually lol

tegan - thats kind of what i was trying to say LOL - I didnt describe it very well did I?

LOL doesn't matter, i sorta knew what you meant. It's funny isn't it? Now though Lily makes the weirdest sounds that i cant even begin to describe and i can't even make the sounds myself half the time lol.

Colleen Guest

Jay made lots of funny noises like he was in pain and I used to stress out but it was just him being noisy!

Lots of deepish noises and growls lol

its cute though, I miss all that! Although its nice to get full words

Aidyn also made that cooing/growly throaty sort of noise, and when he was a couple of months old he would squeal so much... I used to be quite amazed as the squeals would change pitch and octave, and it really sounded like he was talking his own language!

Same Ambah, Alexzander was a bit of a squealer for a while. And yup I remember the pigeon sounds!!

It's funny, I read that before they refine their skills, babies make all the noises for all languages! So here are our little bubs exposed to English & they are making noises from languages like French, Chinese, Arabic etc etc

Amy makes all sorts of sounds including the gurgling. She is finding her voice and her range of sounds are getting more and more each day. She squeals a lot and it is so cute (for now) although I do lose some hearing when she squeals next to my ears. She is gurgling and blowing bubbles with her food now, what a mess!

Yep Linda the noises go from a sweet little goo ga, to a thick husky growl & every other sound in between!

Sarah that's amazing about the languages, we often joke that Emma is alking to us in French!

LOL I used to say the Mason was speaking Chinese!

Dh speaks to both girls in Indonesian & some Balinese at times...
    But we say Indah is talking "Gobble Dee Gook"??? We got no idea what she is saying so we just all copy her & she giggles her head off...

Janie Guest

Do you girls tape your babies 'talking' so they can listen in the future? I think my mum has a tape of me somewhere talking to my grandma when I was about 3 (I think). We were singing all sorts of songs and just having a conversation and it is so cute to listen to. Wonderful that my grandma thought to do that and keep it.

Janie, thats so cool! We have Emma on video

Maggie has her own language for the cats. She is definately saying something to them that she is not saying to us.

Linda - Louis is big on squealing at the moment and can copy really well!

The funniest thing happened this morning though - he was getting all cranky and it so sounded like he said " mummy" in amongst he's cries. Both dh and I looked straight at each other - so he noticed it too and he was on the computer not paying attention! hehe. I'm sure he didn't mean it but at least I know he can say it - hehe.

Dylan says coo, goo, gaaa, growls, squeals and a sound like muuuummm. He also meows like the cat. Sometimes in the middle of the night it's hard to tell if it's the baby or the cat awake!

LMAO Dee I have had the same thing happen with Aidynn when he was really little! I thought I heard the cat meowing at the door in the middle of the night to be let out, so I got up and there was no cat... it was Aidyn, rofl!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast