Thread: Baby Haircut.....?

Question Baby Haircut.....?

Izzy's hair is out of control!! It is so long at the front it is nearly in her eyes, and it is over her ears! Do I cut a fringe for her now or leave it to grow? and what about the bits over her ears - it doesn't bother her obviously but looks a bit daggy I often clip it but she has discovered her hair recently and tends to pull the clip out and eats it!!! I could pull it into a fountain pony tail but not sure I want to do that every day!

So! When did you give your bub their first hair cut? DId you do it yourself??? How much shoud I cut???? (Fringe only or a general cut????)

TIA

ETA Posting pics in my gallery!

DS really needs one, and there's no way I'm doing it myself! I'd probably make him look like a girl LOL. Seriously, one of the little girls from mother's group had her hair cut, and they did such a beautiful job, it looks lovely.

I'm tempted everyday to do it myself, but I want him to look like a real little boy So I'll probably take him this week. But Tan, I'm hopeless with that sort of stuff, if you think you can do it, then go for it!

Angus has had a few trims becuase it was hanging over his ears!! Makes him look so grown up with a stylish cut! With the girls, I just trimmed the back to start off a bob style so it could grow. Also a fringe so it would stay out their eyes! Easy enough for me though cause my sis is a hairdresser and trims all the kids when I get mine done usually! But most salons only sharge a few dollars, or just trim it yourself!! Is hard though on a wriggly bub, get Al to hold her for you! Hair grows fast if you clip too much etc! Good Luck!

sophie has heaps of hair too, she had her first ofical cut about 3 months ago, my hairdresser neatened it up at eh back and top but didnt take much off the ears as she said it would make her look like a boy!, we went back last week as its out of control, she vut a very small fringe as it was hanging in her eyes, we left the rest as will decided to let it grow out!, so we have to put up with the feral look for a while yet!!!

sophie used to have hers in a fountain too but now pulls it out!

Hi Tan,

Luke's already had 2 haircuts!!!! His hair was a bit out of control too and it was driving me crazy, now he looks just gorgeous. I took him to the hairdresser though - there was no way I was going to do it. He was great the first time but cried a little the second time!! I figure its good to get them used to things like that now!!

Good luck!!

Caeleb is having his 5th hair cut this week. He had his first one at 13 weeks. Hairly little imp! LOL We pay around $10 and she does a great job. He wriggles, so she takes it really slow, so she doesn't cut off an ear! LOL

I'm never cutting my kids hair! My Mum used to do it to me... how many horror photos have I found with a wonky fringe?!? LOL

I'd let her hair grow long. Just pop it up in a piggy if it bothers you. Long hair on little girls is just gorgeous!

Tehya was 3 in March and has still never had a hair cut

She has curly hair and it parts on the side so her hair falls over one side with a big ringlet down there. I love her gorgeous curls and can't bear the thought of cutting them off.

hannah had her first hair cut by me (just the fringe) around 10ish months old. she had her first hair cut at the hairdresser at 17 months (they did a much better job). got it done at stefans and it was 10 bucks. it was quicker, easier and looked better! she has a lot of hair though.

Well I did a little tiny trim of her fringe just to keep it out of her eyes! Couldn't bear to see it in them all the time, it loks fine but still just as messy as it was before so I think it will be a matter of waiting until its really long and taking her to get a proper cut! Its so fine and straight but alot of it! WOuld post a pic but am having trouble uploading into my gallery - will see how I go!

Tan, are you in melb? If you live close to me you can pop round & I'll do it for you (Im a hairdresser BTW)

Awww thanks Sal!!! I'm in Burwood East! I think I will let it grow now that I've massacred it and see how we go!! Thanks for the offer!!!

No worries Tan, if she ever needs just her fringe done again offer is open anytime