Thread: Baby Houdini!!!

Default Baby Houdini!!!

Hey guys,

I swaddle little one for naps and bedtime. The thing is, this past week she has been like a baby Houdini and has gotten herself out of it - I have no idea how because I wrap her very well!! Hehe, DH and I have even made up a silly song that we sing to her when we see that she has gotten out of her wrap and she cracks up laughing at us
    She still needs to be wrapped though as she sleeps sooooooooo well when she is - when she is out of a wrap she ends up punching herself in the head and waking herself up as she is such a wriggler!!

Any ideas? I have seen these baby sleeping bag things but most of them don't seem to have any kind of wrap around the arms, does anyone know of any that arms can be secured?

Thanks so much!!

Default Baby Houdini!!!

I loved my Woombie for that exact reason. Google it to see a picture. Helped my little mans sleeping heaps.

We have a miracle blanket - have used it since DS was 2 months - now he is nearly 11 months! Love it - so easy to use and holds him in really well. He loves it too. You can use a sleeping bag with them as well. TheSleepStore have a sale on some designs at the moment if you want to see what they are like

We use the Kiddopotamus wraps here which u can get at Baby Bunting, Babies R Us and BBy Gallery for about $20-$30. I got my newborn one as a gift, and loved it so much, I had to get the next size up for DD. So quick and easy to use, even DH can do it!

can you use a cot sheet, folded in half. Lay her on top of it then kind of wrap it around her arms and then around her body? Not sure how well it would work...but there are some special wraps you can get where you can wrap their arms and then the whole wrap goes around their body if you wanted to invest in something specially made for it.

I was going to suggest a cot sheet too, or a bigger wrap.

My DD was a houdini too, I even started a thread about it! I used a Miracle blanket at first, but she grew out of it. Then I used a Kiddopotamus SwaddleMe wrap, but she eventually worked out how to get out of that too .

What worked the best for us was using a cot sheet and a long muslin wrap. I laid out the cot sheet (folding the top down about 20cm) then laid out the muslin wrap on top of it. I folded the muslin down height-wise so it was about the same height as her arms (maybe just a bit longer). I'd lay DD on top of the wraps, bring the folded muslin up over each arm and tuck it under her back so she couldn't move her arms (if you Google Miracle Blanket you will see they use a similar method to keep baby's arms tucked down). Then I wrapped the cot sheet around her. This way her arms where held down by her weight on the muslin so she couldn't work them out of the cot sheet. It worked great!

Good luck!

We used a long strip of polar fleece, about 50cm wide but as long as the fabric came. It wrapped a few times around bubs and was stretchy too.

Thanks so much for all your advice guys, I have googled all of those and am now very confused as to which one to get!!!!

Thanks again
    Sue xx

We had a woombie for Anelise and it worked brilliantly... unfortunately she grew too long for it and bust the zipper. We just recently bought her an ergococoon and it is wonderful! I will definitely be buying some for the new bub too.

Ok, I just ordered a Woombie. Can't wait to get it now..... I am sooooo tired at the moment, mainly because missy is busting out of her wraps every night! AAARRRGGGHHH!

Thanks again peeps xxx

Default Baby Houdini!!!

I love my woombies. They have been such a help! Definitely a good buy.