Thread: Baby love

Exclamation Baby love

Something that DH has been asking of late is a little worrying to me...

He keeps asking "Do you think Chelsea loves me"?

I mean of course she does....she smiles, talks to him, always happy when daddy is holding her, he is able to calm her alot quicker then me.....

I tell him all these things and reassure him she does love him...

Is there anything else i could say or do to help him know she really does love him? I guess its hard....its not like she can say 'Love you daddy'.... yet!

Give him special times with her, like make bath time his.... He might be feeling more that way because he's been so unwell & maybe not able to share the load as much, so feels distant ykwim? Maybe find a task that just he does for her, even if its a massage after the bath & they will form a special bond over it. HTH!

NewmumLou Guest

I remember i made a card for Michael with Joshuas handprint in it and stuck it with his lunch! Just so he knows we are thinking of him during the day. I also encourage after dinner dad and Josh playtime, its funny as soon as they played rough for the first time, Josh hangs out for his daddy to get home to play again.

oh yeah thats one thing I did too.... take a picture of Matilda and email it to DH while he was at work. One time I sent a really big poo shot as a joke.... he cracked up.

Dh baths Chelsea everynight... thats there daddy/daughter time....and when he first gets home he cuddles her for 20 or so mins.....and in the mornings she is in our bed for about 15 mins b4 DH gets up and she always wants him then.

I often send him MMS pics of her.... or take random pics and put them on her site.

Well done Kim, you are encouraging him to bond with her. He's probably feeling a bit left out atm, hopefully when he starts feeling better he will take more on & know that she loves him too.

Do you think it's "normal" for us mums to have to suggest ways for dad to bond with baby? Dont get me wrong, i'm not having a go at you Kim, I'm just saying that what seems so obvious to me to do with baby doesnt always seems so obvious to dh. sometimes i feel like i am nagging him to do stuff with baby...what do you guys think?

I guess c0s we spend 24/7 with them we find ways to bond?? Where as DH works 5 days a week, 12 hours a day he has less time with her, meaning he might not know what to do??

Not sure really.....

When I had Madison Tim used to get up and feed her through the night, and bath her, and now Madison is a daddies girl. But with Charlotte it has taken a long time for Tim to do things with her such as bathing changing a nappy, as she is b/f, and now he works to 7 pm most nights, so I already have the girls bathed etc, but as she has gotton older he is doing more for her, and I think as she started to say dada, and say it at him, it has increased there bond. Charlotte is a mummies girl though. ( I love it too)

Awww men can be so funny some times. I use to have this problem with my DH. I use to go to mums for a couple of days and when we came back Dh would say he doesnt know me or love me...I say yes he does its just that he has been with me all this time. DH go over it when Callum got older and really reconized him. DH has his time with him. When he gets home he baths him and plays chasings with Callum. Its there special time.
    Good luck with your DH.
    It will pass believe me!!!