Thread: Baby Monitor Recommendations

Default Baby Monitor Recommendations

Just wondering if anyone can recommend what brand baby monitor we should buy? Ideally I would like one that has the breathing / movement monitor and I beelive there is one that has a heart beat monitor as well, although I think this might be a bit of overkill seeing they would stop breathing before their heart would stop, and therefore the 'not breathing' alarm would go off first anyway.

Any suggestions??
    Thanks

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

Angel car sound and movement (model AC401)

Its a great sound and movement moniter

I second the angelcare - love love love it.

another one here with the angel care monitor. we have the rechargeable one so the parent unit can be taken anywhere around the house with you and then when your done with it you just plug it back in to recharge the batteries, it cost a little more than the regular one and i could only find it in a specialty store.

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

Quote Originally Posted by sirenz View Post
    another one here with the angel care monitor. we have the rechargeable one so the parent unit can be taken anywhere around the house with you and then when your done with it you just plug it back in to recharge the batteries, it cost a little more than the regular one and i could only find it in a specialty store.
    AC401 is rechargable one bought in baby bumting around $290

Angel care here too. We have the AC420 with the rechargale parent unit...ours was $180. I highly recommend it.

i'm ordering my Angelcare Sound and Movement Monitor digital and rechargeable from pramwarehouse online tonight cos it on sale for $225 at the moment. I decided this one after i put a post on here and the lovely ladies gave some wonderful feedback

If you want to have a read of my thread... http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/nurs...hargeable.html

Thanks so much girls. It's decided. DH & I have agreed, angle care it is.. checking them out on ebay and hoping to get one second hand. If not, will still prob buy one new.

Thanks again

Just so you know, if you're going secondhand, the older models only come with one movement pad, the newer ones have two. We have the older one and it does the job fine, except if bubs is squashed up in a corner or along the very edge of the cot - it may sound the alarm because it doesn't sense them there. You would get the older one a lot cheaper though, I imagine.

I agree the newer ones would be better, we have the newer model with 2 movement pads and it still went off when he first went into his cot because he was rolling everywhere and right up to the end of the cot. We didn't space the pads out really well to begin with, but we have them in a perfect position now and they never go off.