Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baby Photos...what do you do??

Talking Baby Photos...what do you do??

I take so many photos of Isabelle and try to regularly print them off (today I have Sept, Oct, Nov and Dec ready to go )

Problem is I feel like I have pics all over the place- I have a nice black album that is freeform with a sheet over it that I do a tiny bit of scrapbooking in, a big album with pockets in it, A Possum magic Baby book with a few bits and pieces in!

Argggh so what do you do - as she gets older I want something easy so might just stick to the big picket album that I can write in.

So what do you do with you kids pics!??

I have individual photo albums for each child in date order. They fit 3 photos per page with room to write a little info. when one album runs out of room I just start up another. I also a large photo's album.

At the moment we've got a kazillion photos on CD, and then the plan is to print off the best ones every now and then and put them in an album so they're easy to flick through.

We've got one of those multi photo picture frame things on the wall that I swap photos in every now and then as new photos come along.

I have their own websites.....heaven forbid if they were lost or something!

not that i have kidlets yet, but i have a bit of a photo fetish, so i'll chuck my two cents worth in here anyway!! i have found a program (well, stole from the parents really) that allowed me to make DVD's of pictures with music behind them - that's what we did with out wedding pics - and even though i have hard copies of them, most times i just play the dvd if i want to look at something...

it also means you can put music that you like or that reminds you of that time, in the background...

DH complains about the number of photo's i have on display (in general, not just of DD). I also have several albums but no rhyme or reason to them (must get around to sorting all that out eventually!). DD has one album just for herself which is already full.
    I was chatting with an ex-BBer just after Christmas and she puts her pics in a digital photo frame - saves on printing and displays all your pics! The size of the memory determines how many pics you can display and they "rotate" your photo's. Eg, it will display a pic for a set time (maybe a minute) and then change the photo. I am keen to get one for DD's photo's but am yet to find a frame I like... and they can be a bit expensive...

I generally keep my pics on the computer (DH has a great backup system happening) and print a few for an album of her first yr which i am scrapbooking. Also have a few in the first yr of memories book and some in frames around the house.

Hey I just discovered photo books! There are a few places online that you upload your photos to and design a photo book - there are different themes/sizes and you can get hardcover/paperback too.
    I ordered some for the grandparents for christmas
    Its not that expensive either, about the same if not cheaper than getting all those pics printed!

we have an album i am putting her first christmas in.. we print our faves to have up.. i have them burnt onto cd and saved on the comp and we have a digital photo frame that u can put a flash drive in or ur camera memory stick which just cycles through all the photos we have taken so far its great!!

DoubleK Guest

i take soo many photos 80% krystal and the rest of just anything and anyone...

i have about 6 or 7 photo albums of just krystal (200 pocket ones)but as she gets older i tend to print less then i did when she was first born. i always pic the pics im going to display, and then just print a few good ones to put in albums. i also make alot of copies for grandparents, great grandparents and friends, as i tend to be the only one who ever has a camera in their hand at all our family events (well actually i carry mine in my handbag everyday!!)

i also write a quick note on the back like 'nans birthday lunch' 'playgroup @ trinitys house' etc just incase i forget! my camera has a date stamp which i love!!!!

briggysgirl......... what is that program?

i think it's called picture to tv - but i don't have access to it at the moment - it's my mum's and she's on hols til next week - will check it out then (it's on my pc which is in storage, not on my laptop...)

Thanks, I'll google it.

All of Euan's pics are still on the 'pooter. I will design a template soon for a digital album; I plan to get a good leather bound screw-in album so that I can add new pages as the album progresses. I designed a book of my preggo photos and can't wait to do the same with kiddo photos.

We have way too many to print them all, so we just choose a few of the "favourties" each month and print those off. They then go into an album. All photos are burnt onto a disc.

We print some and frame them for the walls.. But I make a montage every 3 months (was monthly) and either burn to disc or upload to a website to share with family

I donbload photos into a months file (ie Jan 2008) then print ONLY the very best ones.

All the rest get stored onto a CD. (JIC!)

I usually only have around 25 or so shots per month that are good enough for printing. Sometimes less.

I then scrapbook only those prints.

Each of the children has their own albums...and then I have several other albums on the go as well.

Olivia and Charlie and Lexie all have a 12x12 scrapbook album for 0-24 months, then from then on I moved to 8.5x11 albums (makes printing and journalling HEAPS easier....my scrapbooking style is very simple...very symetrical and non frilly, but iwth a fair amount of typography.......)

So aside from the odd stand out stunning shot that we may get of all 3 of them (that I would most likely frame) I just selectively print and scrapbook.........

I think I have a photo of every day of Paige's life to date LOL
    I am a scrapbooker at heart with no time to scrapbook, and I have a computer filled with photos of my princess Paige, I have filled the void by using her daycare communication book as an on going record of the life and times of Paige.
    I started out with just a regular exercise book which I filled in three months and I have now replaced it with a hard covered thick book which I covered with beautiful butterfly and dragonfly paper and put a photo of DD and her name and contacted it. I print out different sized photos of Paige to record what we have done at home and will write a story to tell her carer's about what adventures she has been having, they in turn write about her day at childcare (I leave my camera in Paige's locker when in care) I have asked the girls to record Paige's experiences with photos rather than just writting in her book (for one photos don't lie) Paige will read her book a zillion times a day and is always trying to con a staff member to show her book to. It only takes a few moments to add a new entry but I have read back through it myself and It documents how much she has grown beautifully, my only challenge now is to make sure that I do the same for any other children.
    When I do Family day care I am intending to start one of these books for each of my charges to document my program as well as letting parents see what their children do during their day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast