Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baby Powder

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Well it doesn't say anything else but zinc oxide. And zinc oxide comes in a solid white form which I assume is then ground down into the powder.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

No worries

Also, if you are concerned about the inhalation risk but still want to use powder you can just sprinkle a small amount into a container beforehand and pat it on bub with a cotton ball. Less chance of it going everywhere that way.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Yup you're right Kate. It doesn't say anything about having talc in it whereas J&J baby powder does.

I'm not willing to take the risk, especially because of the potential for inhalation. I read someplace that once it gets into your lungs it gets imbedded and can't be removed. I don't want this stuff anywhere near me OR my baby. Like pp's have said, there's always cornstarch powder, plus as of yet I haven't used any kind of powder on Abbie, I haven't needed to.

Here I have been using powder in the nappy area at EVERY nappy change!! Whoops! I used it for Tilly as well, hope she doesn't get cervical cancer. Actually I had CIN 3 which is the stage before cancer, maybe my mum used it on me!! Anyway, think I'd better stop using it! xo

Have just looked at my powder and it's J&J pure cornstarch with aloe and vitamin E. Is this oK? It doesn't have talc in the ingredients, just corn starch, tricalcium phosphate and fragrance. ??
    Last edited by Mumma2three; June 3rd, 2006 at 07:50 AM.

julesr Guest

I emailed Curash to ask if their anti-rash powder contained talc - here's the response:

Yes, the Curash Anti-Rash Baby Powder does contain Talc as well as Cornstarch.

Regards
    Customer Service
    Church & Dwight (Australia) Pty Ltd

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12