Thread: baby screaming after bath

Default baby screaming after bath

For the past 2 nights, Milo has screamed the house down after his bath.

He's fine while he's in there, and immediately when we get him out, but within 5-10 seconds when I'm trying to get him dressed, his face goes red and he screams - lounder than any crying he's ever done, and it takes skin/skin contact on my chest to calm him enough to be dressed.

Can it just be temper - i.e. I was liking the bath fine mum, why did you take me out?

Or something else?

The other thing it could be is what you use in the bath.
    Alex has done this to me once and i worked it out to be bubble bath that Kimberley put in it. As it hasn't happened again and the Johnson lavender bath makes Alex sick.

HTH

we don't put anything in the bath water, so it wouldn't be that..might be the temperature thing though.

ATM we're still bathing him in the baby bath in the kitchen, but if it happens again tonight I might put him in the big bath as we do have a heat/light in the bathroom.

For tonight I'll try warming his towel in the dryer. I should definately know after tomorrow's 40ยบ temp if its likely to be that he's cold.

Pietta Guest

Good luck with the heated towel- i agree i think maybe he is just in shock- after all they have no idea really what is going on! One minute their comfie and warm next their freezing! (well cold anyway )

Stormi Guest

Temperature could be thing, but my little miss used to cry only once I started putting her nappy on and getting her dressed. If I took her out of the bath and wrapped her in her towel and let her lay there and kick about a bit in the nude she was fine. She just likes being naked LOL.

Hi Rachael ,

Kaitlyn did this when she was about 2.5months old , I think she worked out that bathtime meant big sleep time so she did not like the bath and especially getting out of the bath. We just persisted and slowly she stopped getting upset and started enjoying the whole bath and after bath experiance!.

Cass

Rachael - Emma does this too! I'm glad I'm not the only one. We went through a stage where she HATED being bathed, now she loves it but screams the house down as soon as she is taken out! I just try to get her dressed as quickly as I can & then she settles. I would love to hear if you have some success as I will try it too

GeorgieK Guest

Rachael, James has the same reaction to being taken out of the bath (although Ive never thought of the cold...). I always try to distract him by bouncing him along to his room and singing (he loves the rough stuff!) playing peepo with his hooded towel, dressing him on our bed (change of scenery!) or taking one his bath toys along so he keeps playing. Doesnt always work......

good luck!
    Georgie

Thanks everyone!

He has stopped doing this the past week, i still don't know whether it was the temperature or something else, but he seems a lot happier at bath time now which is great.

Rachael, Emma is fine now too! LOVES bath time! I'm so pleased. She's generally pretty happy even while getting dressed now too \/