Thread: Baby Seats for Eating Out

Question Baby Seats for Eating Out

Hi everyone,

For eating out, we want to buy a seat for Amy that goes on a normal seat and straps her in. We normally use a high chair but some are so grubby we thought we would start bringing our own.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Gemma - I got an awesome one on ebay, it's called a beetle. Can't remember the cost, maybe about $30? It's great, just made of cloth and slips over the back of the chair and clips underneath, but folds right up so you can just keep it in your handbag. Perfect for those times you are caught without a high chair.

Mum bought something on Ebay for us when we went to QLD & for their place & it's cloth that hooks over the back of the chair & ties up (so can adjust to various chairs) & holds baby in... It was super handy & folds up into a little pouch bag!!!

Ours is Fisher Price and it folds down and we use it at home all the time. It is our general high chair. Now Matilda eats at the table & it is her booster seat.

My SIL has one that she got from Target or Kmart I think it's a Safety 1st and it sits on top of your dining chair and has a harness to hold bub in and it also has it's own tray that is detachable. Only cost about $50 I think...

Thanks! I just realised that they are called 'booster' seats. Still not up with the names of things.

I checked out eBay and there are lots of FP ones and a couple of Beetles. There is also another one 'On the Go' that folds up into a case. Will proably buy one off eBay as I am watching a few. Amy eats on a normal chair but we have to watch her closely and a booster seat is a better idea.

Thanks again for your responses, you have been a great help.

A scarf, interesting.

We have a booster seat that folds up and one of the straps that goes around the chair becomes a shoulder strap. It's great as it has its own tray and we know only Dylan has licked it... (I bought it after catching him llicking the tray of a restaurant high chair...) It was about $70 so we waited till K-Mart had a 20% off storewide sale and got it then.