Thread: Baby Sleeping bag

Default Baby Sleeping bag

Where can I find a lightweight summery sleeping bag for a 14 month old?!

I know there are grobags around but they are just too expensive, even buying of e-bay they go for a high price.

Last summer I had no trouble but this year I have looked in most big name stores and they either have nothing or have them in very small sizes.

My DD still needs one as she never leaves a sheet or blanket on and the bags she is in now are just getting too warm.

TIA.

have you tried online (not ebay, I mean a regular online store) living textiles make lightweight sleeping bags, I think for a summer weight they are around $30

having the same problem at the moment such unpredictable weather, I found a size 2 snugtime sleeping bag they have them in bigger sizes as well,I know they are not cheap I managed to find one in our local Harris Scarfe store for $20 but I don't imagine you have this store in Melbourne I think its just a Tassie thing and I think they just had them marked down for clearance.
    They do have them listed on their website though not sure how much they retail for but I sware by snugtime now Paige has 3 bags in different sizes and thicknesses They will do a few more bubbas yet(except that they're pink!!)really good quality, sorry probably doesn't help much

It's over 40 up here & has been for a month already..so I too needed a light weight bag. I bought a gro bag but needed a couple as he sleeps in them for Day & Night sleeps. Didn't want to spend that much on another though, I found a goon one online at Urban Baby, you can google it. It was around $30 from memory. It's not as good as the grobag, but does the job, is actually a bit lighter too.

Hi there,

I saw in Baby Bunting they had many different brands and some really thin one were only $30. Also, I saw some in Target that were really thin also.

Good Luck!

Yes there is Harris Scarffe in Vic

Caro great tip
    I am wondering whether the togs are the roughly same in the dream bags as the grobags?
    I am going to have a look at them in the shops later today and just trying to get a feel for which might be appropriate for my little man his room stays up around 24 - 28oc on some of these hotter nights (note the post at 3am first night no sleeping bag in 5 nights first broken nights sleep!).
    If you buy the.05 tog what do you dress them in something with short or long sleeves or legs??
    TIA
    Belinda.

I got one from David Jones but it was a couple of years ago now. It was Plum brand and it was a light cotton knit.

Thanks girls, I'm going to have to check all these options out. At least now I know there is something out there.

An online shop call imwrapped has bags out for good prices!! There are some on ebay for the $30 mark, that are as long as the grobag without the price tag. My cousin made me a cotton one, which I use during the day.

Have you tried BigW shell?
    Jesse's in grobags atm but and going to wean him off them this summer. When it starts to get those warm nights i wont put it on.. being he'll be in a big bed soon after, probably a good idea for us.

Hi gals
    Moderators if this is not quite the right spot for this comment please shift it.
    Those in Melbourne looking for sleeping bags - today I found a shop in the South East which was selling .05 tog cotton waffle fabric living essentials brand 2 for $30 catch is the size is 18 months - 36 months.
    I bought a couple after taking a good look at them and deciding I could close up the arm holes a bit with some handsewn stitches until Zac grows a bit bigger. He has a pretty big head which will fit fine in the top hole.
    Again if need be I will possibly shorten the bag a little by folding over and stitching until he grows into it (and then I will unpick it). If you were handier you could probably cut off the end and resew.
    PM me if you want to know where to look
    Cheers
    Bel.

I use the Target ones, they're cotton, but I'm not sure I've seen them bigger than size 0?