Thread: baby sounds flemmy and coughs

Default baby sounds flemmy and coughs

my 6.5 mth old has been flemmy and coughs as if he wants to get something up from chest for quite a few weeks now but dr said its "nothing" it really sounds terrible sometimes especially if he coughs and I just don't undertand how its nothing. He said he breaths through his mouth and it could be anything. maybe he is allergic to something? anyone elses bub have this and have any thoughts?

chant Guest

I don't know but I figure it might be reassuring to go to another doc. It doesn't sound like this doc is taking your concern to heart. A mother's intuition is a powerful thing.

My baby's been phlegmmy, but I know that it's a cold. So I've just been using saline drops, elevating his head in bed at nights, using eucalyptus, etc...
    Does your dr just think it's a cold that your baby hasn't managed to get rid of?

I agree with Cheryl, do you have friends with kids who their dr's are? Perhaps they could recommend a dr they find to be really understanding.

Hope you get it all sorted out

If you are still concerend I'd get a second opinion, either from a different GP or a paed.

Mum had to take my brother to 3 or 4 doctors and specialiists til they figured out what he had.

saw another dr today and he said its bronchitis!!! he is now on antibiotcs so hopefully will be on the mend! I think i might get a vaporiser also! knew it had to be something!