Thread: Baby store recommendations in Melbourne please

Default Baby store recommendations in Melbourne please

I'm looking for one of those big baby stores that stock everything. We need to buy one of everything as this will be the first baby in the family so I'd like to see a bigger range than they have in department stores. So what's your favourite store all under one roof?

My cousin took me to a store called Hush-a-Bye in Melbourne that's like a warehouse. It is much cheaper than the department stores, we have similar stores here in Sydney. I generally find that I look around in stores like Babies Galore or Babyco and then go to the warehouse store to get a better price. They're not as pretty but will generally stock the same stuff.

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Baby Bunting in Warrigal Road Bentleigh is a one stop shop!

Snuggle Bug in Hallam is fantastic.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Where abouts do you live? Baby Bunting, Baby Co etc all have shops in various suburbs... I go to BB.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

Sammi,

I think I have driven past snuggle bug, where abouts is it? If it's good I'll pop in next time!!!

I have friends that live just near the Hallam pub..

In Oakleigh there is a good baby store.
    Don't bother with Baby Bunting in Footscray - shocking service.

Hi - Babyco will push the swallow brand of products as that is their label. Anywhere you go should offer you a discount if you plan purchasing a lot of things.

Thanks everyone. We live in Point Cook so it was going to be a road trip where ever we went so I thought if we are going to be in the car all day I might as well go to one of the biggest stores.

We are going on Saturday....happy shopping to anyone else out on the weekend!!

I've found Baby Bunting better than Baby Co only because of the size of their stores. In saying that I have found the service better at Baby Co. Good luck and ring ahead for opening times as I have bundled everyone up in the car on a Friday evening and driven to Baby Bunting in Ringwood only to find that they weren't open even though the website said they were - ahhhh very frustrating. Happy Shopping

Baby Time in Hoppers Crossing isn't huge like the other stores but has fantastic service and value for money I think. There is a Baby Bunting at Highpoint and I thought they were great with a huge range .

Quote Originally Posted by nellbe
    There is a Baby Bunting at Highpoint and I thought they were great with a huge range .
    I wasn't impressed with their service.

I've been to a couple of Baby Co's and Baby Buntings, the service is about the same at all of them. The trick is to go early, the are busier in the afternoons. It also pays to go to both and check out the different recommendations, if they match up, then normally the item is pretty good.

Location wise, try Highpoint as there is a Baby Co and Baby Bunting near each other, so easy to go back and forth once you have looked and decided what to buy.