thread: Baby & Toddler Article of the Month - VELCRO BABY

Ex adm!n, quietly rusting....

Feb 2004
    Melbourne

Baby & Toddler Article of the Month - VELCRO BABY

Hi everyone, just wanted to let you know that the General Baby & Toddler article of the month is Velcro Baby.

The article talks about the "clingy, fussy, high need baby" and explains that when you cuddle & hold your baby you aren't actually spoiling them, you're teaching them to love. It also talks about the statistics of crying & fussing with a baby that is held alot compared to a baby that isn't.

My little man is definately "Velcro Baby"!! He isn't happy unless I am in his sight. He loves to be cuddled to sleep & thrives when there are lots of people around fussing over him. Lots of people have told me that I am spoiling him, but I figure that he's only this small for a short time & before I know it he won't want cuddles anymore!

So does anyone else have a velcro baby??

lilyd Guest

Velcro baby

Hi Everyone,

I would love to have a "velcro baby". My DD is 71/2 months old but doesn't like cuddles at all. There is nothing better than when a baby snuggles into your neck, or when you hold them while they are sleeping. The "baby" time passes way too quickly .

My DS, now 9 still loves to cuddle (although not in front of his friends), and I love it.

Linda - SA Guest

Fantastic, that is how we bring up our daughter, and people always remark on how cuddly she is, and what a good girl she is.

Linda.

BellyBelly Member

Jun 2005
    Sydney, NSW

Kids will continue to go through this 'velcro baby' phase for the rest of their childhood.

My older son was brought up in a very loving environment and has turned out a very affectionate little man - which is fantastic, despite people always saying that too much love/affection/attention would turn him into a 'sissy-boy'

Kids are a reflection of us as parents - how wonderful it feels to hear people comment on how loving he is, knowing full well that he eminates that loving from being in a loving home-environment.

You can never show kids too much love / affection and attention - they thrive on it.