Thread: Baby weigh ins

Default Baby weigh ins

How oftern do you take your baby to be weighed ?

With Kimberley i stopped having her weighed at 4mths old but that is only because we moved to Australia and i was not sure what to do. I used to stand with her in my arms on my bathroom scales.
    Alexander goes every couple of weeks at the moment but that has been because we have had hospital appt's and check ups at the doctors.

Kameron I used to take and get weighed at the chemist every week till he got too big for their scales. Lachlan has probably only been weighed 4 or 5 times since being born.

Love

Default reply

Only got the kids weighed when their appointments were with the MCHN.

On the important months, well the ones where they were required, 2.4.6.8mth check ups. HTH

O

Melinda Guest

I had been taking Jacob to the CHN for a weigh-in each month, although I haven't been since he was 8m.

I've been having weekly appts. with the CHN and having Hannah weighed then. I love seeing her putting on weight and growing so fast!

Olivia has always been a titch and is now considered "underweight" as she has slipped off the percentile charts.............(16 months and has only just hit 9kg fully clothed).

So, I still take her once a month for a weigh and measure.

I fluctuate between panicking about her weight, but then also realise her appetite is HUGE, and she eats everything, and she is probably just destined to be "petite" with a fast metabolism. Unlike me.

with my first it was weekly, but 2nd time round we go once a month

For the first 3 months we had Aidyn weighed monthly, then after that is was probably every 2 months, and now its just whenever I remember to ask the GP...