Thread: Baby who likes to scream high-pitch ALL the time...

Default Baby who likes to scream high-pitch ALL the time...

Hi everyone,

I'm at an absolute loss at what to do with my DS.

He's just discovered he's got a voice (and a high pitched one at that) and there are times where he will just randomly scream in a high pitched voice. There are times when he does it out of excitement when he's playing, but he also does it randomly. It's like his new form of communication?! He doesn't this all the time except for in the morning when he coos and gaas alot. I don't talk to him in a high pitched voice and I don't exactly have a high pitched voice either so I don't know where he's getting it from?!

Is this normal? Can this be controlled? I'm afraid if we continue letting him scream like this, he'll constantly scream for us this way wherever we go - shopping centres, church, etc. The last thing I want is for a child to start chucking tantrums in the form of screaming so I'm hoping to break this habit and control it now.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!! xoxoxo

I wouldn't be worried, my DD squeals and shreiks so loudly sometimes that it is ear piercing but I think its just a new sound they have learnt to make and they must enjoy doing it. She does it when shes excited or when shes in a chatty mood.
    I'm sure they'll move on to another new sound when they learn other fun noises to make.

Totally normal! My mum always warned me that one day Kaitlyn would find her scream and she would not be afraid to use it!. Such a cool thing to be able to make that noise....and they know it! I would not worry about trying to break the habit as pretty soon there will be new and better ways to get your attention.

Just enjoy ..it is one of my mums foundest memories of my childhood hehe.

Oh sweetie! It's totally normal and it's just a phase - I promise you he'll stop it soon and move onto something else

My DS is the same age as yours and he's going through this as well. I also remember it with DD and it only lasted a little while.
    You don't need to do anything to discourage him, he's just testing out his vocal chords and soon he'll discover something else and this will all be a fond memory. He's far too young to be worrying about manipulative behaviour yet, he's just working out what his voice can do.

I especially love it when DS starts up his squeaking at 5am and wakes up his sister - and then he promptly goes back to sleep leaving me to deal with the consequences! Little turd LOL.

Oh yes its normal!! Jesse did this too! I was so worried what the neighbours would think. He'd just sit there playing and scream and squeel at the top of his lungs! And this would be most of the day. Luckily after about 2 weeks or so of this he stopped it. He does it every now and then but i just call his name and he stops. So yes, hopefully Andrew will stop soon too

Thanks eveyone for your experiences. I guess I'm just absolutely embarrassed when he starts squealing for no reason.

I tend to go to him when he does this thinking something is wrong. So I'm hoping he doesn't think that everytime he screams it will make mummy come and play.

*sigh* guess there's nothing I can do for now...

BTW...what's that something else they like to do so I can prepare myself for the next new thing. I hope its not as attention seeking as this deafening scream :P