Thread: Baby wind

Default Baby wind

Hi,

After a bit of info/help.

Molly Jane use to do lots of poo's 4-6/day and with them she cleared out any wind that she had in her belly...
    She is now only doing one poo every 24hrs and as a result is having lower wind troubles.

I would not say that she has colic or is suffering badly as she is fairly content, but is waking early from her sleeps doing the eh/aireh noises and trying to 'push' the wind through.
    She had not really been farting at all so started a bit of infacol and that seems to make her clear some of it, but obviously not enough.

She was also doing little spews as soon as we lay her down, indicating that there was air stuck in her tummy, but also noted that it wasworse when she pushed - have no elevated the head of the cot as we think that her nappy bum was actually making her slightly head down. this is now a bit better.
    She is burped after every feed, but it is not getting everything up before she nods of to sleep over our shoulder.

She tends to like sleeping on our shoulders too as it causes her less discomfort, but we are trying to discourage this as we dont want her to form a habit of only falling asleep in this position. (she does self settle in her cot if she has no wind)

Any suggestings?

Should i be picking her up each time she makes these wind noises?

You could try some infants friend - I found it worked wonders for my DS when we changed to a AR formula and because he wasn't throwing up and burping from his reflux, he got a lot of lower wind pain, but he was about 3mths old, but it is safe for little babies too. It also helps with their bowels too. One thing I found made a difference too was when he looked uncomfortable in his sleep from a belly pain, I would put him on his side and it seems to make it easier for him to let it out.

have you tried rubbing her tummy in a clockwise direction while she is lying in her cot. When I am trying to resettle my son and I think he has wind I just leaving him in his cot but rub his tummy and sssh him at the same time. The reason you always go in a clockwise direction is because the intestines run that way. If you go the other way you may cause her to become blocked up. There is also the gentle riding the bike movements with her legs. Good luck. We used infants friend and that also seemed to help

I found Brauer's colic relief great - actually worked on both ends

Quote Originally Posted by Kitt3n View Post
    I found Brauer's colic relief great - actually worked on both ends
    Oh man Katriona I hope that's the case for us - we got given some for Riv but never needed it, but I've had to pull it out for Si - he's almost due for his second dose and I'm PRAYING it makes a difference - I didn't get to bed til 3:30 last night...

Did you follow the instructions exactly? A dose every half hour 4 times?

His head is slightly elevated...(a towel under the head of the cradle mattress) perhaps I should raise it a bit more? He's not so much burpy as farty though...