Thread: Bad constipation, really starting to worry.

Default Bad constipation, really starting to worry.

My 8 month old little girl has constipation pretty bad at the moment. She hasn't been normal a few weeks now. It started when we were overseas, so I thought it was the formula we had her on, but now I know it wasn't. I have been to the doc, health care nurse, who both said it's common just give her lots of fruit and water. She is also on coloxcyl and has brown sugar in her water, but she still isn't normal yet. Every few days, she passes a soft one, but they are back to being hard soon after, sometimes there are small streaks of blood on the stools, I'm really starting to worry. What do you think I should do, I was thinking about taking her to the hospital if she isn't back to normal by the end of the week. I feel so sorry for the poor little things, I always wish I could do more for them.

Olivia Guest

I reckon, avoid the hospital for your own sanity, and just call the doctor back and make him/her understand that you are really worried and you want to understand better what's happening and how you can manage it ...don't let them fob you off.

Secondly ....and this is just something I would do ...go to a nutritionist or natropath and talk to them ....perhaps they might recommend something that's gentle for her and for you.