Thread: ballet Lessons.....

Default ballet Lessons.....

Does anyone know how much ballet lessons would cost??

I know each State may charge a different price but i just want to get a guide to how much it might cost.

Also what age can they start ??

Kimberley loves to dance and i would love to be able to send her to lessons. Just need to work out how much everything is going to cost.

From memory myballet lessonscost about $15 dollars a week, which included 2 jazz dances and a classical class. I was 5 when i started. But i remember there being a 3-4 year old there.

At the moment it will be just for fun and if she wants to do concerts and competitions in the furture then i will let her.

She might not even like it. I went when i was younger but not at her age and i liked it and i also did ballroom dancing.

Thanks for all your help Tanya

I'll have to research it a bit more.

It is good for balance and posture aswell. I have a good posture so much so that my back just won't slouch at all, even if it try. My mum got me into it mainly because i didnt have very good balance and it fixed that up nice and good too.

Paris does Ballet, and its 95/term (10 weeks) that is for 45 mins on a saturday morning, and includes 15 minutes Jazz, 15 minutes Ballet and 15 minutes Tap. Last year they did just Ballet but this year they are including all 3 as they would for the older kids.

Be warned if its a proper school with RAD grade testing then it will get full on. And I mean full on! LOL! We had a concert last year, she had rehearsals (and she was only 3 at the time) we had full dress rehearsal with make up and everything, it was quite involved (or so I felt) for a little girl. However Paris LOVED it! I think it was more stressful on me than it was her as she's such a girly girl and loves all that stuff. I'm taking it year by year, I don't want to force her to do something she doesn't like and from speaking with the other mums its about 7 or 8 when and if they start to dislike it they might decide to drop out as it gets more serious.

If you need any other info let me know.

*hugs*
    Cailin

Hi!

I have a dance school and we have a Pre-Primary 3-4yo class that runs for 30min and costs only $40 a term! They are a fun class that incorporates a little ballet and jazz but nothing to serious. Just a lot of jumping around and dancing to hi-5 etc. I find that it's way to young for kids to be doing anything to serious as they just don't have the attention span...
    In saying that we are a fun dance school for all levels. We don't run exams, we just have a mid-year presentation where the kids perform a little dance and get certificates and medals and no-one fails. We also have an end of year performance as well. I like to think that kids can enjoy dance like any other sport and don't have to be the "best" at it. For us though, there are plenty of dance schools around that cater to the students that want to do comps and exams etc. Our aim is for the kids to have fun and keep fit while learning at the same time.

If you have any questions let me know.

Thanks Krsitie fro your help.

I have found one place local to us they want $60 a term for one ballet class for 45mins and if i want Kimberley to do tap and Jazz that's another $60 for a term that's 45mins as well. I also have to buy a uniform for her from a list they have. Is that the normal thing to do ?
    Also she has to wear her hair up in a bun.

Kristie do you have an email address if you don't mind i would like to send you the link to the dance school i have found and would like to see what you think.
    DH thinks she is too young to do it but she was trying so hard to dance in the garden the other day from watching Aneglina Ballerina (sp?)

Hi Michelle,

We have a uniform but it's optional at that age. I let the kids dress up in fairy/ballet outfits that they may have as well. Also the uniform we have can be purchased at dance shops or target now...personally at that age I wouldnt worry about putting their hair up in a bun. We only ask that of the kids for the concert.

Yep - email me at [email protected]....

From my experience the kids do love it at that age but if it's too serious that enjoyment is short lived. I don't offer tap at the age as it's difficult enough to get the kids to listen without noisy tap shoes - hehe. I would probably just choose one class at the moment. Jazz is usually the most fun for kids but those with a passion for ballet do love it....I also give the kids stickers or a lolly at the end of class for trying so hard....