Thread: baptism/christening

belmarks Guest

Default baptism/christening

hi just wondering if anyone knows what would be an acceptable donation to make to a church for a christening?

Sal Guest

Hi Bel, my sister gave her church $50. If that is stretching your purse-strings too far, make it less, after all that's what churches are there for!

lilyd Guest

Hi,

For my DS we gave $100, because the priest was lovely and it goes directly to him, not the church.

With our DD, we gave $70, didn't like the priest all that much, although on the day he was wonderful and I felt guilty that we didn't give as much.

We figure you are paying for a service, and a lovely one at that so I would give what you can afford.

Kylie

the church i had DD baptised at told me in our first meeting that a $200 donation would be appreciated! i was a bit shocked but we gave $100 - luckily it was only eliana done that morning - would have made heaps if they had more kids - my nephew was baptised at the same church 6 weeks later & they weren't asked to donate anything!!!

I was wondering about this too - DH reckons $100 is too much!

Hmm..., maybe we'll give $70

Debbie Lee Guest

We will probably donate around $100 but that's because it's Mum's church and they have helped us out SOOOO much over the years. They even supplied all the food and drinks for Neil's Dad's wake a few years ago after Mum told them our story.
    If it was just any old church we were going to, I'd say about $50??

Default Donations

We gave $50.00 - it was sugested a donation up to $50 but seeing as there was only one of us to be done on the day I felt a bit embarassed if we gave any less. Give what you think is reasonable and what you can afford.

We didn't give any, but we have been a part of the church for 4 years now and we made all the "supper" for afterwards Also as ours was a dedication we had our close friends do it.

My MIL actually did the information night at the Catholic church where Eliza was christened...she told us the usual donation was $50.

Pietta Guest

OOps we didnt give any and it wasnt discussed either with the priest!! #-o