Thread: bassinette to cot

Default bassinette to cot

at what age do most people find the need to move from bassinette to cot? DD is nearing 11 weeks and i feel she may need to be moved, sleeps well overnight, but day sleeps are getting harder to settle but like sleeping on spare bed, seems to have more to look at not just the side of a bassinette!! any thoughts......

I moved the kids when they were getting too big for the bassinette, its all choice really, when you feel ready to move them.

I moved my DD at 3 months cause she was starting to be too big for it. Would've liked to have kept her longer though cause its easier to shake the bassinet than cot when settling. If you think she's ready give it a go.

thanks guys, she may be ready but i'm not!!!!!! it's the beginning of a new chapter i guess shes changing so quickly i have to gey used to it, the cot just seems sooo big.

When my daughter went in a cot, she was still wearing 00000 clothes and was just over 2.5kgs... but she hated her cradle so was an inevitable move for us.

I moved Ashton just over a week ago so just under 3mths old.

love

Ashton'ss growing up so quickly Kathryn!! I looked at his site... what a cutie!!

Thanks Simone. His page needs majorly updating

Love

Yeah, but he's still a cutie!! I need to update my kids ones too... but who has the time LOL!!

Jesse could stick both arms out the side of his cradle/bassinette at 6 weeks so we moved him over then. He actually slept alot better in the cot and has ever since. I think the matress in the cot is alot more comfortable.

We have just moved Riley from his pram basinettte to the cot...he is over 65 cms long already and was almost touching the top & bottom of the pram but we really weren't ready to move him. His room is so far away from our room so we're sleeping in the spare bed (next to his room) for a few nights until we get used to having him in the cot.

Riley sleeps really well in the cot during the night but refuses to sleep in there during the day (he cries as soon as he's put in there until when we pick him up - even if it's 2 hours later, with us patting & singing the whole time).

It's so hard to see the tiny little bub in such a 'big' cot but I guess it has to happen at some stage...

I moved both of mine around 8 weeks - they started to bang their arms against the sides and wake themselves up. Neither of them took any notice of the move, it didn't worry them at all. I put them in their cot for day sleeps for two days and then overnight, no problems whatsoever.

My kids were wrapped in their bassinette, i found it lasted longer that way. They couldnt touch the sides...

thanks for all the replys guys, we've made up the cot so will move her during the week. like you simone DD is still wrapped so doesnt hit the side i just think she sick of looking at the sides of the bassinette. i just have to get used to putting her under the sheet and tucking her in

We make a little game out of it, do certain things in a certain order (put her in, wrap her up, sing a song, push the button and her glow worm, then "Nitey night, see you in the morning princess") she's used to it now, and goes down well. She's 7 months and still tiny enough to be wrapped still LOL