Thread: bedtimes

Question bedtimes

do any of you have a bed time for ur bubs??
    Ash is 3mths old and i am thinking a bedtime routine might help her out in the christmas days up ahead a bit of normality iykwim?
    i was thinking 9 - 9:30 coz she fed tonight @ 8:30 so then a bit of time to play in her play gym or something a story and off to bed? what do u think?

id do bath, feed and straight to bed, no playtime at that time of night

My DS is usually in bed by 7-7:30. He has a bath at about 5pm, then a feed then off to sleep! I dont have play time at night, but if it works for you then go for it!
    As long as your bubs is happy and your happy then it should be fine!
    Dont know if I have answered your question sorry.
    Good luck
    x

yeah it makes sence that she shouldnt have play time at night coz it will overstimulate her before bed.. she seemed to go down tonight pretty easily though so not sure.. a bath is a good idea but Asha hates the bath lol perhaps we could have feed, shower, sleeping bag on, story and bed??? what do u think? maybe i will try that tmw and see how we go... its a bit harder in the shower coz u both have to get dressed afterwards lol and she dosnt particularly like getting dressed after the showers and it kinda hypes her up...
    i really wanna get her into a routine for the holidays coming up but should i be showering her that late?? coz dp leaves @ 8:30 for work coz hes on night shift so cant really do it until after her 8:30 feed unless i do it before dp gets up and is getting ready iykwim? makes it hard too if she decides to feed at 7:30 instead i cant have the bathroom coz dp has it.. eek so much to think about..
    maybe shower @ 8:30 or just after even if she feeds at 7:30 get dressed story and bed lol i have no idea..
    only reason its so late is because we both sleep in usually due to the night shift mode dp has put us in lol sorry rambling!!

Noni, we do bath, feed sleep here. If the shower would wake her up too much you could try massage, feed, sleep (or feed, massage, sleep, whichever works for her). Johnsons have a baby bedtime lavender oil that is supposed to be calming and help promote sleep, he gets a rub down with it after bath time.

hi Noni - i have had a bit of a routine for Noah since about 6 wks. at the start it was more for me but now i think he knows it is bed time as he feeds longer and does go to sleep quiet easily.
    We shower, then quick massage, then feed, wrap and sleep. sometimes there is a nice cuddle and rocking in b/.n wrap and sleep - if he needs it or I just cant resist!!!
    I used to start this at abotu 8.30 but now start at about 7.30ish - i dont have a strict time to start it depends what is going on and how tired he seems. I have also made sur i do the same thing no matter what time he goes to bed - ie even if 10pm as we have been out etc.
    i think it gives them an idea of normality - maybe start jist doingthe same things (whatever works for you) for her???

Avaleigh knows when it is bedtime, its great!! On the nights that I bath her, I bath, feed and straight to bed or if I dont bath her, its feed and then to bed. I try and not play with her at that time of night, if we do play then its before her bath and feed.

We have a routine of story with dad, quiet play/chat with dad, bath (if its bath night) change nappy and into her sleeping bag- once that bag is one she knows it nearly booby time and bedtime!
    We have always had a bedtime of 7-730 unless we are out.
    HtH!

Noni - we do story, bath (if it's bath night), masssage, pjs on, feed and bed. Tend to put her down at 8:30. We have a sleeping bag on order, so that will be incorporated into the routine.

well our new bedtime routine worked a treat i mean she was very tired already (falling asleep in the shower lol) but i am trying to get her into a routine this week before all the christmas hoo har starts so shes got someting comforting and familiar to come home to
    tnite we did shower with bedtime bath wash, into sleeping bag, story and then into bed with her light thing that plays lullabies, i only had to go in twice to put the dummy in yipeeeeee lol she usually dosnt settle as well in her cot till 11ish and then wakes again to feed at 12 anyway so she was in there by 9 tnite and is still sleeping soundly in there now and hopefully will till her next feed coz she usually goes down relatively easy after that feed

Well done........babies seem to thrive on knowing when their bed time is approaching through nice rituals....