Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best item you bought for baby you couldn't live without?

Default best item you bought for baby you couldn't live without?

Mods, if this is in the wrong place please feel free to move it

Just wondering what 1 (or 2) item/s you bought for your baby that was the best money you spent?? I know there were some items I bought that I just didnt need at all!!! & there are 1 or 2 I'm so glad I did get

Probably the best item I bought (besides pram, car seat etc) is the tetra snuggle bed. DD went straight into her cot when she came home from hospital & the snuggle bed was PERFECT for her. I just placed it in her cot & it was like a snuggly bassinet for her. I also took it to friends houses with us when we were over for dinner etc & placed it on their beds & she slept...ermmm... like a baby hahahaha I did have a bassinet (which was part of the pram from newborn) & I bought a stand for it to use at night time (over $100 for the stand... one of those items I did not need!) I don't know why but I just put her straight in the cot instead of a bassinet so I'm incredibly happy I had that snuggle bed.

Gosh, sorry for rambling!!!

Interested in what other parents have loved....

DoubleK Guest

mine would have to be the rocker/bouncer that vibrated.. she loved that as a baby!! and handy to just pop her in if i needed the loo, or while we were cooking/making breakfast etc. also the bath chair, that helped my back sooo much, and i think made bath time more fun!

the one thing we didnt buy, that i wish we had was one of those mats with the toys over the top! krystal had lots of no-nappy time, and stared up at the roof

the one thing we probably could have done without (and therefor sold it on ebay) was the change table/bath combo - by 8 weeks she was too long for the bath, and i am happy now to dress/change on the bed...

HTH

Best thing I bought was the "cocoon" for Pip, that fits into the P&T's pram. I've used it at people's houses, I've swung him to sleep in it, kept him warm during power blackouts, slept him there during mothers' group, changed his nappy in it in the back of the car ... best $80 spent so far!

Beside the basic baby essentials, the best thing we have bought is the Jumperoo. DS loves it, he sits on my lap and talks to it until I put him in, then he wobbles around playing with the toys, talking and growling at them (it won't reach to fit in his mouth). He loves it and cries if I take him out while he is still playing.

probably the vibrating bouncer if Asha is screaming and nothing will stop her and i put her in the bouncer and start bouncing her and have the vibrations on she stops and goes to sleep!!! as well as mentioned before its great to put her in so i can cook, get things done etc..

muslin wraps. DS was a summer baby who loved being wrapped and I couldn't have lived through that first summer without them.

I would have to say her activity play mat! Its the Tiny Love one with lots of hanging things, plus a mirror for making eyes at herself in!! Shes outgrown it now but we used it everyday from birth until she was crawling!

huge muslin wraps and my ergo which i wish i had bought when sophie was younger!!

The Hug-A-Bub. Easiest thing to take shopping or out, especially when she was little as it left my hands free and she slept in it beautifully! Also meant not having to try and fit a pram down those awful aisles. Totally worth every penny, used it up until she was about 18 mths. She won't even go in the pram now, so she only grew out of it because of a desire to use her legs! It was still comfortable enough for me at that age.

Muslin wraps and the amby hammock but neither of them were as useful as the boobs I got for free :P

paradise lost Guest

LOL Dach!

Beside my boobies...the wrap - a kari-me, just like a hug a bub. XP still uses it now...

Bx

The thing that we always say is the best thing we've bought is the portable booster seat that straps to any dining chair. It goes everywhere with us when we visit friends or restaurants. It's fantastic.

besides my boobies too..

Breast pump & HAB..... everything else I could cope without!

Wow - everyone is listing boobies - where do you buy them from??

paradise lost Guest

I don't know liz but the car mags in my local newsagent seem to advertise them a lot...

Bx

I agree loved the HAB! Ahm, not sure what else, dummies!!! We have about 20 dummies and atm can only find 2!! I send the girls on dummy hunts once a week cause Angus likes to throw then out the cot and under our bed, in the car, they are evrywhere!!!!

An Activity Arch - my DD is soooo happy bashing the animals that hang from it - she is squealing with delight as I type. She happily amuses herself in it for up to half an hour, and we take it with us on holidays and to friends houses.. invaluable.

The thing we found most useful was a swing. DS stil loves it and I can sit him in it while I am cooking, cleaning and eating.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast