Thread: best pick for baby seats?

Default best pick for baby seats?

Hiya,
    Looking at baby car seats and was wondering if Choice magazine had done any studies on them lately?
    We're looking at the S&S AHR Meridian as our freind can get a couple of hundred off it, and it lasts from birth to 4 years or something? Can anyone comment on whether this still worth paying the money for?
    Thanks

There was a segment on SUnrise (I think) about car seats, and NRMA had tested them.. Basically S&S ones usually came out on top. We used a babylove capsule for the first 4 months which was handy but got harder to use as she got bigger. We just bbought the s&S royale which is a borth - 4yrs one and it is so good, well worth the money we spent on it. It is easy to get her in and out of and it has the retractor button for the straps which makes that bit easy. I totally recommend them.

HTH

The AHR models have the safest side impact protection of any car seat on the market in the world so if you can get $200 off it GO FOR IT!!!.

yeah I have the platinum version of the AHR system (gotta a bargain on a new one on ebay ages ago - it even has speakers in headrest that plug into the the car stereo - not that I knew that when I bought it!!) - now I just need a baby to put in it!!!!

NMRA and RACV jointly did the test as mentioned above. The results are available on the RACV website so you can look it up for yourself (it's prob on the NMRA one too). We have the meridian and it did rate really well, so you can't go wrong really!

Yep. I was reading the RoyalAuto on Saturday and they'd done a review of seats. Check out the website. It's sure to be there. If not let me know I'll dig out the mag and type it up for you.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Thanks for letting us know about the review Rachel, I went and checked and the booster seat that we've bought for Jonah is the best one available