Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: THE BEST TOYS YOU HAVE BOUGHT 6mth-12mth!

Question THE BEST TOYS YOU HAVE BOUGHT 6mth-12mth!

all,

Thought i would ask everyone what toys you have bought that seem to have occupied your littlies from 6mths to 12 mths. I am wanting to buy some more for my little one but i don't want to buy toys that she will not be interested in or loose interest after a while any suggestions. Looking for 6 to 12 mth toys.

Cheers,
    jen

A couple of friends of mine with bubs have the bouncing tigger and love it! Keeps them entertained for ages

when Yasin was about 10 months someone gave us one of those cars that they can walk behind and push and later sit on to ride. Yasin still loves it and he's almost 2. At the moment Imran (6 months) loves the peek-a-boo blocks for shaking and trying to chew (his mouth isn't big enough lol) and Yasin loves them for building. There are peek-a-boo balls too. Both my boys love balls. Another lasting favorite is a push along dump truck with some balls in the back that rattle as its pushed. They both play with it.
    Some times the best toys are the simlist balls, blocks, sturdy cars.

Matilda hit 6 months at Christmas and we went out & bought a few toys, some lasted, some didn't. She got a Fisher Price dog that sings songs & does the body parts from KMART & she still loves that one. She also loved the peek-a-blocks for a while. She got a car at 9 months that you push from behind & soon ride & she STILL plays with that daily at almost 2 1/2!! Best $15 we ever spent

an empty cardboard box!!!!

LMAO trace!!!

Sam has always been transfixed by his dance and shout ELMO..thinkts its just great! Balls at that age are always a hit too...oh we bought Sammy his Eurotrike at 9 months too...best buy ever...he just loves it..strap him in and away he goes. Ive personally not liked the kick and whirl carnival..thought it was a waste of money.

Jo

Tracey I agree!!! LOL

i bought charlie the spin and bounce Fischer price toy - charlie loves it he love to sit in it and play - he has taught himself to jump on the pad and it will bing and boibg at him.
    other than that he is loving the new elmo

Kell Guest

lol tracey, wrapping paper is the favourite in our house We did just buy Will a 'sand' wand thing at big w for $10 and he loves it (just turned 1). it is a big plastic tube with lots of little beads in it that run from end to end as you tip it up, and they go through little obstacles and spin etc - lots of colours, sounds (but not too noisy).

Leapfrog activity walker - it is something they can stand up and push along ..Kaitlyn loves it!.

Toss up between the Fisher Price activity table and the Vetech activity board and walker (the one the is pushed, not sat in). Maggie still loves both, the table was the first thing that she pulled herself up to standing on.

Talking Thankyou Girls!

Hi Girls,

Thankyou all so much, i will now go and buy some of these items for Chrissy pressies. There are soooo many different things to choose that making decisions are just hard IUKWIM! I could spend up big but DH would not be impressed i am sure........

So once again thanks and wish me luck on my shopping spree. i don't happen to buy on impulse.... LOL!

Jen
    x

Definitely the empty boxes! Cellophane is good too... As for "real" toys, I think toddler blocks are great because they get heaps of use and they are fun (for different reasons) at different development levels. It's exciting watching the new things they learn to do with them

Lucy is only almost 7 mths, so at the closer to 6 mth range I can say the toys she likes are:

Those Fisher Price Links that come in packs of 20 (you can link them together, hang things from them, etc). I thought I'd use them to attach toys to, turns out she likes playing with them on her own.

This funny looking lego toy that's aged 6 mth+ and has a giraffe head. Most bizarre looking thing I've ever seen but a real hit with Lucy.

A stuffed toy monkey that plays this hideous screeching sound when you squeeze his belly (bought specially for her from Jamaica by her aunt - my sister - gees am I going to have my revenge one day!). You've never seen a child get so excited whenever she catches site of it - legs start thumping and she makes all these funny noises!

A not-too-blown-up balloon. Carefully supervised (but she doesn't have teeth yet anyway).

I thought I would add a couple of real cheapies that have been a big hit. A set of plastic measuring cups. Yasin has had them for ages and they're still his favorite bath toys. A milo tin with a wooden spoon to bash it. A remote to a broken tv. An old water bottle made into a rattley toy by putting some glitter and buttons in it and then putting a teeny bit of super glue in the thread on the lid before screwing it on tightly

Dach couldnt agree more..old remotes are the biggest ever hit here!!! And pots and pans with wooden spoons..yay!

Jo

Yeah, Tamsin likes remote controls too - the only problem is some of our friends and relatives don't appreciate the baby drool, and she doesn't realise yet that she's not supposed to play with other people's! Ooops!

James loves his TMX Elmo!! Mummy does too hehehe!!! Unfortunatley DS has lots of toys, but none of them seem to keep him amused long enough...He much prefers playing with my pots and pans, plastic cupboard, and a huge empty cardboard box which now lives in our family room! He seems to be more interested in videos like the wiggles and Elmo...Have fun with your Chrissy shopping!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast