Thread: Best way to wean baby off napping in the swing?

Default Best way to wean baby off napping in the swing?

Hi All I'm wondering if anyone has some tips on the best way to wean a baby from having all day naps in a swing? DD is 12 weeks old and I went with the philosophy that anything goes when it comes to sleep in the first 12 weeks and found she naps great in the swing during the day so have gone with it. At night she is in an Amby baby hammock so I want to slowly start transitioning her to having day naps in the hammock as well. As she is in the swing during the day I keep it in the main part of the house so I can keep an eye on her but DS is really loud and starting to disturb her so the other part is I can put her in my room or her room with a monitor if she is in the hammock. Any advice would be much appreciated xx

Default Re: Best way to wean baby off napping in the swing?

My little fella just seemed to grow out of it. As in, it stopped working for him. He has his day naps in the cot in his room. I don't have a monitor yet so I keep going in there to check on him every two minutes. Still needs swaddling though. He keeps wacking himself in the face and waking himself up. At night he's in the bassinet next to me.
    Sorry I don't actually have any advice lol. Good luck.

Can you keep the same pre nap routine, but then put down in the hammock instead?

Given my nearly 9mo will only day nap on me, I'm slightly jealous of you being able to do other things!

I have been trying her in the hammock but as soon as it stops moving she wakes again. I'm going to try resettling a couple of times and then put her back in the swing as with a crazy toddler in the house I don't have time to continually resettle so I'll just go with whatever works for now.
    Ca plane I feel for you that would be tough. I hope you have a good baby carrier!