Thread: Bigger holes in teats for farex

NewmumLou Guest

Default Bigger holes in teats for farex

Hi all,
    Just a quick question is there special teats for farex? Because wouldnt the teats become clogged as the milk is thicker? I have seen the fast flow teat, but it has 4 different tiny holes to make the milk come out quicker but none have an actual thicker hole! I use avent bottles.

Nelly73 Guest

Do you mean Farex rice cereal? You feed that to your baby on a spoon when they are ready to start solids - not in a bottle........unless there's another type of Farex!

Hope that helps!

We did it with Paris, I wouldn't recommend it. Sure I thought it was the thing to do at the time, we were told it would help with reflux and to sleep through. She didn't sleep through and she had reflux on and off for a while. There was a teat for Avent that had a slit to use for thickners.

As I said though I wouldn't recommend it, I look back at Paris and she had the WORST eczema, almost to the point we had to bandage her and I have to wonder what contributed to it. Seth has a little bit but no way near as much as she ever had. Hindsight is great

ETA: Yes she means in the bottle, we put in 1tbs into a bottle I think... or maybe it was a teaspoon I can't remember.

*hugs*
    Cailin

Mmmm I thought farex was a rice cereal too, as in first solids??

I've heard of a Dr recommending adding Farex to one bottle a day to help with constipation? Interesting...

Theresa thats pretty much spot on. We did it because we were told too, at the time it was still slightly frowned upon. If I look back I realise it didn't help enough to warrant the severe eczema that could have been possibly related.

Seth is now 6 mths and has had only a few attempts at solids, still hates it and probably won't start solids for another month at this rate.

*hugs*
    Cailin

I had a GP recommend trying it with Matilda too at 3 months due to reflux. We thought about it but decided to go for other alternitives first and I am SO glad we did now.

NewmumLou Guest

thanks girls, yeah fletch i meant in the bottle! On the box it says to give it to the bub at 4 months so i am just thinking ahead of time! I think i might spoon feed him it then rather than bottle, thanks heaps Caitlin too!

My Mum did it in a bottle for me and my brother.......we BOTH got horrific excema......don't go there!!!! Start the Farex at 6 months at the earliest I say! From a spoon.........