Thread: Bit TMI but can you advise???

Default Bit TMI but can you advise???

DS has always had his poos on the loose side not like water, but a consistency where it is very soft and goes ALL over his bum, it is never firm, IYKWIM, It doesnt seem like a normal poo as such LOL! I am wondering if all along he has had a milk intolerance? Or is this a normal poo consistency for his age? He is also going about 3 times a day.

Sorry for the weird question, but i am wondering if something is upsetting his bowels, or it sounds normal .

Thanks

You can get it checked, I told my GP about Matilda having 3-5 runnier poos a day after introducing milk & I had to get a few poo samples and got them tested for lactose intolerance. Hers was a mild form, but basically everytime she had over 50mls of whole milk (not cooked in a dish, just cup) she would have 3-5 sloppy poos the next day.

angelfish Guest

Does he have any other symptoms? George was always on the loose side, also pooed several times a day, whereas Milly only used to go about twice and week and hers were more solid even when she was exclusively breastfed. I thought it just varied naturally between different children. But I'd definitely check with your medical adviser if you're concerned, it can't hurt.

Angelfish - He does sometimes get a little wheezing and some form of skin condition?? Doc is looking at those probs now, I will mention his poo next time I see him. he also had reflux as a baby, now over it though and not sure if they are all related.

Zander is a bit the same, although he swings between hard as a rock & runny

Hi Sarah!
    James doesnt get any of the rock types LOL! They have all been consistent since he was a newborn, which makes me think maybe he has a little intolerance to milk?

If James has an intolerance to milk, then so does Nicky Nicky was born 05/06/05 and has had less than ten 'solid' poos in that time. They're usually runny with bits of veges or hydrated sultana's It doesn't seem to bother him, so I'm fine with letting it go at this stage. I wouldn't worry, but if you are concerned, see a doctor for peace of mind.

OK, We saw the Doc yesterday, and he says that it is Toddler Diarhhea (sp) Never heard of it, Is he telling me porky pies????

lol ally i was about top mention that my ds seems have very loose moovements especially so when he is teething ... my doctor is very set in his belief that "teething causes nothing but teeth" but told me that T also has Toddler Diarhhea and there is no explination for this it "just happens" in some children ? slowly his stools are becomming more solid but he is 2 now so we would hope so at one stage it was particularly bad he had a rash e.t.c and he sugested taking most fruit veg and juice from his died for a few days which helped alot i wonder if my son may be a wee bit sensitive to vitamin c ?

i also had been sugested by my "alternative pharmacy" to give him metagenics flora care for kids which is a probiotic powder i guess it works like the inner health plus which adults have im just hopeless at remembering to give it to him
    good luck

I haven't heard of toddler diarrhoea before... hmmm... will have to have a look at that We've had a few spells of diarrhoea lately & I was worried it was the milk thing again or getting worse. But Matilda's had the milk thing since we started introducing it at 9 months.