Thread: Blood in bubs nappy?

Exclamation Blood in bubs nappy?

This afternoon I went to change DS after he had a quite windy poo, and found a little blood in it? And each poo after that has had a bit?
    Its not alot just a little almost line of it?
    I rang the health line and got to speak with a lovely midwife who told me it may have come form my breastmilk or from DS straining?
    DS isnt acting any differently and does not have a temp! I will be seeing the DR on monday, but do you think its serious and should see a DR tonight?

Thanks for you help x

Izzy had some blood in her poo a few months ago- it was kind of mucousy, streaky and a line too - turned out that it was from straining and she had a little fissure in her bot. As long as it doesn't get worse, I would wait til Monday - but if you think you will stress about it, maybe find an AH clinic? Good luck and I'm sure he will be fine - It's hard not to worry isn't it.

Boomba, it is something that happens sometimes and is usually from straining. You would probably not notice the straining, but maybe the poos were a little harder than usual? Anyway, don't worry too much, it is almost certainly from that, but as a pp said, if you need to for peace of mind you could always call the AH docs. Our one bulk bills for kids.

Thaks girls!
    His poo hasnt been any harder, and last nappy change there wasnt any blood, but I will keep an eye on him! I think I will be fine till monday to see the doc!

Thanks again, its just so hard not to worry!

x

Boomba - I definately remember a few times when my DS had blood in poo. As I remember it was as Tanstar and MantaRay described, from straining and a little fissure. I do remember freaking out a little bit. I'm sure seeing DR on Mon would be fine but just keep an eye out for any other changes in poo or temp etc. I think it would only be from breastfeeding if you had badly cracked nipples.
    BTW - he is GORGEOUS!!!!!!

My little fella had blood in his poos once when he was really little...although I couldn't see it, the nurses put it down to cracked nipples or something where he was taking in my blood while feeding... It scared the crap out of me though at the time but didn't last any more than half a day. I hope it's nothing major for your little one either.