Thread: Bonds suits what size?

Default Bonds suits what size?

Bonds suits what size?

I was just wondering how many bondsuits i will need in 0000???
    I cant remember with DS he was in them in hospital but thats all i can remember!!

And if anyone could tell me what age they usaully in different sizes say i know all baby are different but just a guide
    000~
    00~
    0~
    Thanks in advance

With Bonds suits, a size 000 is really a 0000 compared to other clothing. Depending on how big bub is at birth, you would probably only need one 0000 and about 2 or 3 000. My DD was 9.5lb when she was born and was in a size 0000 for all clothing except bonds she was a 000 up until she was about 3 weeks old. Then she went into a 00 bonds and stayed in them until about 4-5 months old.

I really don't think you will need 0000 bonds suits even if bubs is smallish because they are really a small fitting suit to begin with.They grow so quickly too that he will be out of them in no time and if he is long then he really wont get the wear out of them IYKWIM? I would only go with the 000 and even my shortest baby fitted them really well. If the feet hang off them a little, I would put a pair of socks or booties over them to keep them on too.

Being an October bub, he probably wont need a lot of long suits anyway because it will start to get warmer. So I think that 000 and maybe a few 00 will see him out till summer.

My two long bubs (56 and 57cm) were in 00 bonds suits by about 4 weeks but my shorty was about 9 weeks before she was in 00. At 1 year the girls were in size 2 wondersuits.
    HTH

The terry like bonds suits are smaller fits than all other bonds clothing. The stripey and sporty gear is average size but the terry suits are smaller. We had 000 suits for seth and they got small very quickly but every other bonds thing of 000 he's still wearing and he's in 00 tops.

*hugs*
    Cailin

I agree, Bonds suits do seem to be a smaller fit. My kids were both around 3.5kg, and neither ever wore 0000s. Gabrielle went straight into 000s, and Zeke didn't wear clothes for the first 3 months because he was in hospital. So he actually didn't use any of his newborn stuff and went straight into 00s.

Tallon is in size 0 suits now. But is in 00 tops and still 000 pants.. though we can get away with 00 pants too with a bigger nappy on

The bonds suits definitely are small for their size. I wouldnt get 0000. We had one.. and it was hardly used.

Fergus is in size 0 wondersuits now. He is currently 64cm long and weighs 5.5kg.

Fire Fly Guest

Be careful with bonds suits as the sizes are not accurate. I would be inclined to buy 000 bonds suits and take it from there. Just buy a pack of 3. Dont forget you get heaps of clothes from relos so dont go to mad other wise you end up with to much.
    With DS he is a size 00 but i have him in 0 bonds suits, always go the next size up to what you want. Thats with all clothes made by them. Very frustrating but once you get the hang of it you wont waste so much money.
    Good luck

Yep I agree with the others. The Wondersuits are a small and snug fit. WM started out in 000s and he was just over 4 kg at birth. He only wore those for three to four weeks. He had four weeks in 00 wondersuits and is now in 0s (but wearing 00 in all other clothes). The little tackers grow so fast!

If you need to get any Wondersuits, check out KMart at the moment as they are about $5.00 something each during the sale.

Niall was born weighing 9 pounds exactly which I think was 4kg. He wore Bonds 0000 Wondersuits that we have on loan until a few days ago but they were snug. Now he's wearing 000s. So that means we only got 3 weeks worth of wear from the 0000s - glad I didn't buy them. He probably could have gone straight into 000s - it was mainly the arms and legs that were too long.

Matilda went straight into 000's as well in bondsuits, so we won't even buy 0000's this time around.

Fruitwood Guest

Hi, I agree with everyone else. The Terry suits are really a size smaller than the cotton ones. My daughter is 7 kilos and in 000 cotton suits from Target and 00 terry suits both from bonds and target. We had one 0000 bonds suit given to us as a present but Olivia grew out of that within a couple of weeks. Olivia was 3.1kgs when she was born. Good luck, I know I bought heaps of stuff for Olivia that still has the tags on, lol.

Best wishes
    Sharon

We were given one 0000 Bonds wondersuit and Maddy wore that for about 2 weeks (not the whole time of course! *L*); then she was into 000 mostly because her legs were too long for the 0000. She was 3.450kg at birth or 7 pounds 10 ounces.

Saige's Mum Guest

Well Saige was born weighing 2.39kg and 00000 were too big..she is still in 0000 now but I have starting putting her in 000 and she has a bit of room in them.

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

With baby #2 I was concerned that I didn't have enough small clothes (0000), but I am glad now that I didn't buy to much because it would have gone to waste. I had 2 bonds suits in 0000, which now at 2 months old she still wears them for bedtime, but they are a very snug fit and still look like brand new . They just grow too quickly. Unless you have a very small baby, I really wouldn't bother with 0000 stuff.

0000 is definately useful however, if you are planning on using any KMart/Big W brand sizes. I found these to be huge in comparison to many other brands; so Maddy was in them til 6 weeks or so.

Also, Pumpkin Patch is another brand which is quite generous in sizing. The Newborn (which is the equivallent to 0000) fit Maddy for nearly as long as the KMart/Big W brands.

I know the original question was about Bonds Wondersuits; which are amazingly small in sizing by comparison; but just thought I'd point out that not all 0000 are so tiny! *L*

I only bought 2 size 000 as a just incase. The other Wondersuits I got were all 00. I had learnt from experience that they seem to get tight quickly so I just used the 00 and folded back the arms and popped socks over the feet. Got so much more use out of them.

Debbie Lee Guest

I agree with the others. I'd be more inclined to maybe only buy 1 or 2 size 0000 bonds wondersuits and then have the rest in 000 and larger.
    Gabby has always had to wear the next size up in wondersuits compared to the rest of her clothes. It has been a bit different once she hit size 1 tho... she seemed to fit into the size 1 wondersuits and lot longer than the other sizes and is only now going into size 2 (though she is nowhere near ready to move into size 2 in her other clothes... even some size 0's still fit her!).