Thread: Bonjela Question

Default Bonjela Question

Hi everyone, My daughter is teething and today was the first time I put bonjela on her little gums where the tooth is coming through. She kind of went straight to sleep afterwards which is not like her at all. Has this happened to others and should I be concerned? I don't want to drug her if you know what I mean!

Also, of course when I put the gel on her gums she was licking and then trying to spit out. What happens if she does lick it or swallow it? I assume it's safe and isn't going to hurt her or make her sick but I still wanted to check.

thanks in advance.

Hi there, I have used bonjela on both my kids and never had any problems, if anything it wasn't strong enough! They also licked it (it would be impossible not to!) and never had any problems. Don't worry, I'm sure it is fine other wise it would be such a tried and true product. As Madeline suggested, maybe it just gave her enough relief to sleep??

I slather it on, and I think Ruby eats most of it! She's fine, I think it might have some paracetemol in it? or similar. I find Ruby tends to calm down a lot, and sometimes goes to sleep. Having any physical pain is very draining, teething can cause headaches and sinus probs too, so probably she was just very relieved?

So funny that you are asking this question! I think my son is teething, and so when he was upset in the middle of the night a few nights ago, I went in his room twice trying to pat him back to sleep, and then third time, I put Bonjella on his gums, and he fell straight to sleep this time!! But the next night I tried it, and he refused to go back to sleep...

Perhaps it is just coincidence??

NewmumLou Guest

For some strange reason bongela doesnt seem to work on Joshuas gums, my sister in law *Rae* gave me a good idea of using the curash brand of bongela and that has worked wonders! I dont think that it would be a problem if she swallowed some of the bongela xxxx enjoy the peace and quite!

Kaitlyn used to do this ..in fact at one stage I thought she had developed a Bonjella addiction as she used to be so upset and walla after bonjella she was out like a light!.

But now I know she obviously just had pain and it helped with that as now most her teeth are through I cant remember the last time we used it.

thanks everyone.

I tried Bonjela on Jesse and he just spat it out. Only think ive found that works wonders is panadol.