Thread: Brauer products

Default Brauer products

I am not sure whether Cooper is going through teething at the moment, but we have been having some hard nights in the last week, and I am personally really struggling with getting good sleep now also. Most nights, I may go to bed around 10.30, but don't fall asleep until 11.30 and then Cooper wakes up upset somewhere in between 1.00am-4.00am, and it will sometimes be an hour before I can get him asleep. Then I struggle to get back to sleep also - usually takes about half hour.

So I read in another post about Brauer Sleep and Insomnia drops, which I bought today. I originally bought them for myself, but was also told that I could give Cooper about 1ml to help him also.

I know they have one for teething, and another called Calm, but just wanted to get one at the moment (pretty pricey), and also don't know if he is teething or just having problems with falling asleep.

So I just want to know if anyone has given this to their babies and if it has worked?

I have the one for teething and I find it to be great. I prefer this over bonjella or panadol. If you're unsure if it is the teething, give it a go and if it soothes him and he sleeps better, than at least you know it's that.
    I haven't tried the others in the Brauers range but I've seen them, interested to know if others have used them and what they think of them also.

Some of the ingredients in them are the same so you might find either works for him. If you're worried it's teething though I'd lean more towards using the teething one as it has something in their for the pain.

Good luck!

Another one for teething is the Hylands Tablets... I tried them on DS last night and they seemed to work wonders. For some reason, whenever I give him anything from Bruers, he regurgitates it back up.

I have brauer calm, stomach calm and teething.
    The brauer calm says it can be used for teething also, so if you wanted to buy just one, maybe that would be most suitable?

Milo really hated them to start with, its only in the last 3 or 4 months that he has stopped spitting it out.

Loved the Brauer range with DS we had the colic one, teething and bought calm for car trips. The only one we didn't have much success with was the calm. It's not going to hurt him so give it a go but I would def recommend the teething one!

Im a Brauers fan for coco. I use calm and teething for her unsettled nights. I give it to her 4 times in 2 hours before bed. Also occassionally a dose during the day xo

Can you use the calm and the teething one together??

Also how soon do you see results?? or is it something that builds up??

I highly recommend the Brauer's teething relief! Works wonders for K and is sometimes the only thing that helps him sleep when he is teething. I gave him some this morning - he has 4 eye teeth on the move - and noticed a difference after the first couple of doses (first 4 doses are given half hourly). And he's currently been asleep for about 2.5 hours now.
    Last edited by Angel; August 7th, 2007 at 01:56 PM.

We've only ever had to give the first 2 doses & it's worked from that.

OK - So I tried the Sleep & Insomnia last night on myself - didn't work I will try it again tonight. Also tried it on Cooper and he still woke up about 3 times. One thing that I noticed was, normally I would be very foggy headed if he wakes up 3 times a night, but I felt much better today, like my sleep was better quality. So we'll see how we go...

Anyway, I bought the Teething Relief for Cooper and will see if that gives him the relief if he is teething. I highly expect it though. Strangely though, only yesterday I gave him a cold teether, and he really wanted to chew on it, but cried most of the time, like it caused him pain. Then later I have him a sippy cup with ice in it (it has a soft teat that he could chew) and this did exactly the same thing. I thought that this was supposed to give him some relief?? Anyone know why this happens??

He might not be used to things being so cold? Yay for a better quality sleep last night too, hopefully tonight will be better.

When I first gave Nina a cold teether she too cried like it had hurt, but now loves it! He'll probably just have to get used to it.

Fee Guest

In relation to the Brauer Teething Relief, it says:

Infants 6 months and over: 2 mL

Initially, give every half hour for 4 doses. Thereafter, 4 hourly.

So does that mean if I give him 2 mL at 2.00 pm (for example), I then give 2 mL at 2.30 pm, 2 mL at 3.00 pm and 2 mL at 3.30 pm? Then 4 hourly?

So then if I want to give it again in 2 days time I need to give 4 doses every half hour again?

Yes that's exactly it Fee See how he goes though, we only ever needed 2 doses for Zander.

maggie Guest

can you use the teething one for babies under 6mnths( i know some u cant) I a, sure DS is about to teeth, and he is about 5 half mnths, thanks

Yep, the Brauer's teething relief is fine for bubs under 6m.