Thread: Breast feeding and going to the dentist

Fee Guest

Default Breast feeding and going to the dentist

I'm getting my wisdom teeth out tomorrow... just in the chair at my dentist's surgery. He said it should only take 30 minutes. I assume I'll just get a needle to numb my mouth. I've never had one before (I've never had fillings etc).

Is this safe in relation to BFing? I plan on ringing my dentist to ask but thought I would check here as well.

My dentist said the local isn't a problem with breast feeding... I didn't notice any side affects with Alexander after his feeds either.

Yep I had 5 local anaesthetics on Monday..... Due to a manky gum!
    I am 7 wks preg & they said it's only local & will be fine... so Breastfeeding will be fine too.

Hehehe, just watch you don't drool on your little Cooper as you watch him feed afterwards! My face always drops (literally, half of my nose and lips go droopy!) after a trip to the dentist...hehehe. Serves me right.

Fee Guest

I just rang my dentist and I'll just be having a local and apparently this is fine.

Phew...

Thanks for all your replies.

LOL @ chocolatecatty ... I hope I don't drool on Cooper too!

Good luck at the dentist, you are good for thinking of it prior. I had teeth filled and then thought about it.
    I had to ring BF hotline and then someother drugs related number to check if it was ok.

Fee Guest

Well I went and survived. It was not that bad! It didn't hurt one bit.

Local is probably wearing off about now. Hopefully I won't have pain this afternoon.