thread: Bub still in my room...

Add 1MOREPLZ on Facebook

Jan 2008
    sydney

Bub still in my room...

Jack is still in our room and i want him in his own room prior to me going back to work..BUT DH doesn't want this...any suggestions on how i can get Jack into his own room whilst making DH ok with it..DH wants him in our room for as long as possible to make sure he is OK...paranoid male

Jul 2006
    Brisbane

No idea sorry... just wanted to say that Oskar is still in our room...lol, my choice more than DH although he's ok with him being there anyway...maybe it's to keep me happy! haha

Dec 2007
    Sydney

Perhaps you can discuss with DH his concerns. Is he worried about SIDS? The risk decreases significantly by the time bub reaches 6 months. Can you come to an agreement that Jack goes into his own room, and you use a monitor for peace of mind? Or, how about suggesting a trial period of one week. If, after the week is over DH still wants him in your room, you might have to think of something else. Good luck. I'm sure your DH knows that there will always be something to worry about when it comes to having kids :-)

Mar 2008
    Nth West Melbourne

How about a video monitor, or one of those breathing monitor things? That way DH can see him anytime he wants.

Aug 2004
    Melbourne

Could DH sleep on a matress on the floor of Jack's room for a couple of nights to see first hand and be reassured that he is fine?

Add 1MOREPLZ on Facebook

Jan 2008
    sydney

tried talking to DH tonight and he is adiment (sp??) that he wants Jack in our room..i burst into tears saying i am sick of sleeping like a spastic and waking to every noise he makes etc.. DH spat the dummy and said fine we will do what you want.... we shall see...

Oct 2007
    Perth,WA

Maybe you can have a night off and sleep in another room yourself if your DH is so adament (sp!!) he wants Bub in your room!

Add 1MOREPLZ on Facebook

Jan 2008
    sydney

guess who has won this time round???
    ME!!!!! we bought a moniotr (waiting for it to arrive in the mail) and then my big/little man is going into his room!!!! soooooooooooooo happy can't wait