Thread: Bubs in aircon?

Default Bubs in aircon?

Just wondering if its safe to have babies in aircon alot?

Ds doesnt have it in his room, but we put the main one one sometimes and leave his door open at night? Also when its really hot we have it on all day?

Can this affect DS at all?

Thanksx

Hi Boomba ~ We have had our aircon on here during the day most days for the last month or so, Not at night at all though... Scarlet hasn't had any problems with it so far. I figure they have the aircon on in hospy so it can't be that bad, right?... Sorry i'm not very helpful am i? lol.

Thats what I thought too Hayley, about them being in it in hospital.
    By the way your little girl Scarlet is adorable!
    x

DoubleK Guest

not that i know of, we always have our air con on here (split system) at our old place we had evap cooling, with a vent in every room. at night, if we still had it on, i would get dp to close krystals bedroom vents, just incase she got too cold.

We have a/c on day and night during summer. During the night Nina is in it all night. It hasn't affected her at all. We make sure what she is wearing is warm enough as she doesn't like sleeping with blankets.

Don't think you have anything to worry about. We sleep with the aircon on all night if it's too hot and dd has not had any trouble, infact she sleeps better when it's a bit cooler. She is a hot little bubba!

I think it would be fine...he may just need to be kept warm..and possibly offer more BM cos he might get thirsty cos a/c tends to dry the air a bit KWIM?

We have evap cooling and the air is always moist...

the only negative i can think of is dry skin but some sorbolene or similar will address that.

Thanks girls I might start putting it on more often when its hot so he sleeps better!
    All the things you worry about when its your first

x

Go the air con. We live in the Riverland of SA and we have had strings of 45 and 48 days. The ducted air con runs just about all night and all day (I know - the environment etc....but I think you can forgive me in that heat!)

If we didn't have it on, Daniel would never sleep. I often marvel at how people in the Pioneer days ever bought their babies up in this heat!! How on Earth did they do that?? Made of tougher stuff than I, I'm afraid.

The only affect the air con has on Daniel is that it makes him sleep well............. I didn't say "bad" affect.

DD2 was born in Darwin (in the wet season) so we had aircon on every night so she could sleep and she is now a healthy 8 year old!

I agree!! The nurses at my baby clinic said aircon was better than an open window - which could be drafty, just make sure the vents aren't blowing directly on bubs.