Thread: bubs lying there awake

Default bubs lying there awake

Hiya,
    Just wondering if lying in your cot awake (not sleeping with eyes open...eyes alert) is as good as lying in your cot asleep?!
    Caty often lies there after a feed, quite content, but not asleep. She can do this for an hour....I realise there's nothing I can do about this but am curious as to why she does it? Contemplating life I guess?!

Ashton is exactly the same, so I think "oh he must want to get up" so I get him up and put him in his rocker and he cracks, so I put him back in the basinette and he is happy again and goes back to just laying their with eyes open LOL. So much of the big wide world to asborb I guess.

Love

Cat, when i put River in his cradle at nighttime after a feed, I can hear him cooing for aaaages afterwards. When I've gone in to check on him, he's the same, just wiiiide awake and content. Like Ashton, interrupting his quiet time just makes him a bit antsy, so yeah I don't really do much apart from mutter 'go to sleep River jude' under my breath

Guess babies just lie and chill out sometimes (mine is currently multi-tasking, chilling and doing sloppy pooes, I can hear it ). It's cute though isn't it.

sometimes we just like lying still and relaxing, some down time. I think babies are like that too. Sometimes there is just too much stimulation in their little lives and they need some down time to unwind and relax.....

Good to hear : )

NewmumLou Guest

Joshua has started to do the same recently. I think he just needs time to wake up properly on his own accord! In your case i think she just wants to relax before going to sleeP!

Ashleigh does that in her day naps sometimes, i'll put her down for a sleep and instead she'll lay there awake and then cry when she's ready to get uo however long later. i always wonder if its as good as a sleep.